2021 SkyPixel Aerial Winner (Amazing Footage!)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Ellis van Jason is the winner of the SkyPixel 6th Anniversary Aerial Photo & Video contest. Check out his amazing footage captured with drones running the DJI FPV system.

How are such videos made where the drone image shifts off of parallel to the horizon? Such an image would be easy with a model airplane, but the gimbal on my drone always keeps the image upright.

Is this a feature of the new DJI FPV ?

;)Yes very impressive,
Nice kit too but 2200 here,great clip to wake up to,

This is absolutely breath taking. Amazing.
But I simply can't understand, how is this possible. It exceeds human ability to react in this way even if video is running at higher rate.

This is absolutely breath taking. Amazing.
But I simply can't understand, how is this possible. It exceeds human ability to react in this way even if video is running at higher rate.
Yeh be good to watch through googles
I presume this is what is was done with below....it says redefining flying so must be good but it's over 2200 here so out of my price range for a while yet,,not a fpv flyer but be nice to have one
Screenshot_20210325-134501_Google.jpg

Hmmm. The FPV system certainly opens new possibilities for capturing videos that are currently unusual. Some of these images are truly breathtakingly beautiful. Hats off to Ellis van Jason for his skilled flying and editing.

I suspect that the new DJI FPV drone will appeal to a younger age group rather than old codgers like me. I personally find the video a bit too much like a roller coaster ride - fun for a short while but too unsettling to want to get straight back in the queue to ride the coaster again. So in short my view is that FPV is currently novel but whether we will have an insatiable appetite for these videos is debatable. If I had a large chunk of cash burning a hole in my pocket would I be rushing out to buy a DJI FPV? No sir.

OK so now we all know that I am a kill joy. Can I also add that I am a cynic - imagine my surprise when DJI's latest drone product produces the video that wins their SkyPixel contest...

All the best, Martin

Hmmm. The FPV system certainly opens new possibilities for capturing videos that are currently unusual. Some of these images are truly breathtakingly beautiful. Hats off to Ellis van Jason for his skilled flying and editing.

I suspect that the new DJI FPV drone will appeal to a younger age group rather than old codgers like me. I personally find the video a bit too much like a roller coaster ride - fun for a short while but too unsettling to want to get straight back in the queue to ride the coaster again. So in short my view is that FPV is currently novel but whether we will have an insatiable appetite for these videos is debatable. If I had a large chunk of cash burning a hole in my pocket would I be rushing out to buy a DJI FPV? No sir.

OK so now we all know that I am a kill joy. Can I also add that I am a cynic - imagine my surprise when DJI's latest drone product produces the video that wins their SkyPixel contest...

All the best, Martin
But also very professional. Check out his homepage and work. It´s more than all DJI and "rollercoaster" ;) ellisvanjason omn Instagram and Youtube. Homepage :D

But also very professional. Check out his homepage and work. It´s more than all DJI and "rollercoaster" ;) ellisvanjason omn Instagram and Youtube. Homepage :D
Yes, I agree with you.

For clarity, I was not making any kind of personal attack on Ellis van Jason or his work. On the contrary I said - "Some of these images are truly breathtakingly beautiful. Hats off to Ellis van Jason for his skilled flying and editing".

My points were that FPV rollercoaster is not for me and I suspect the novelty will wear off. I also stand by my comment that is is no coincidence that the winning entry to the DJI SkyPixel contest was filmed on the latest DJI FPV drone...

All the best, Martin

I would probably have this scattered in so many pieces if I tried this that DJI Refresh would be useless to me. Truly a great video worthy of the prize!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj