2 wifi devices at same time?

Reaction score
I've searched, but haven't seen this question before:
Can I have 2 wifi devices see the same camera feed on the P2V+? For instance, can I have my iphone on the clip of my TX, while my buddy watches the feed on his iPad? Or, does the extender only let one device connect at a time....

doug86 said:
I've searched, but haven't seen this question before:
Can I have 2 wifi devices see the same camera feed on the P2V+? For instance, can I have my iphone on the clip of my TX, while my buddy watches the feed on his iPad? Or, does the extender only let one device connect at a time....

I don't know the answer but you could always power up the Phantom and see if both will connect.

I have a feeling not. This was tried with the parrot drone and it was not possible. Once the first device is connected it is locked in and no other device could connect.
I guess a security feature as you wouldn't want a rogue device connecting and messing with the options.

Surely someone has tried though to confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried it, and it does not work.

There is something between the camera and the extender that needs to a sole, mutually inclusive, and complete wifi network connection.

I believe it's the same reason you can't just have the extender connect to the phone 'unless' the camera is on.
When I tried that, my Driod will see it, make a connection .... then drop out to out of range.
My iPad mini never even see's the extender's network as in range.

So ......I believe the fact that the network isn't completely contained in either the extender nor in the camera, but is instead shared in both, is also what keeps us from being able to use two phones at the same time .... even if just for monitoring the preview video and telemetry.

I've connected my MacBook to the Phantom WiFi network and shared my iPhone screen to the MacBook via AirPlay (with the Mac/PC app called "Reflector"). This works very well and even allowed my live video feed to be connected to a 55" LCD screen via the HDMI out of my MacBook. I was in the backyard and my family was watching my live video feed inside the house on the TV.

lylet said:
I've connected my MacBook to the Phantom WiFi network and shared my iPhone screen to the MacBook via AirPlay (with the Mac/PC app called "Reflector"). This works very well and even allowed my live video feed to be connected to a 55" LCD screen via the HDMI out of my MacBook. I was in the backyard and my family was watching my live video feed inside the house on the TV.

Do the have an app for that?
If so ... iOS or Doid?

Do the have an app for that?
If so ... iOS or Doid?

For iOS, just use AirPlay with any AirPlay receiver (I used Reflector).
For Android (rooted) BBQScreen will do the same thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl