2 questions !!!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals question 1 is can you fly in weather temp of about 40 degrees and the 2nd question with the p3 standard is it bust to plug the phone or tablet into your RC . I have been using the wifi feature instead but what is the best practical application for it .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

2nd question with the p3 standard is it bust to plug the phone or tablet into your RC . I have been using the wifi feature instead but what is the best practical application for it
The Standard will only connect to your tablet via wifi.
The Lightbridge equipped P3s us a cable.

If you are flying in those (and colder temps) temps, keep your battery warm until you put it in th bird. Many posts here suggest keeping it inside your coat or getting a dedicated warming container for the batteries. The imu will be cold too so it may take longer to come up to calibrated temp. And, of course, batteries will drain faster in the cold.

Only 40 degrees? I took mine out the other day in about 30 degrees. Only flew for about 15 minutes though. I only want ad high as about 100 feet up as it gets cooler higher up. Thinking about flying it this morning in about 10 degree weather.

Sent from my SM-N920T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes you can fly in ambient upto 40 deg C, that's the max temp specified in DJI documentation.

Since this is an international forum, we all need to be cognizant of expressing degrees in Celsius or Fahrenheit.

Hey guys and gals question 1 is can you fly in weather temp of about 40 degrees and the 2nd question with the p3 standard is it bust to plug the phone or tablet into your RC . I have been using the wifi feature instead but what is the best practical application for it .

I have flown in -25 celcius temperature and found the app telling me the battery temperature to be 34 Celcius upon return.

As far as the temp goes, I just flew my p3 advanced yesterday, it was 22 degrees Fahrenheit and I flew it over 4500 feet away from home, the quad was up in he air for around 20 minutes and I coverd a ton of ground, I was really nervous cuz of the super cold temp but I decided to just go big or go home.. The p3 never even flinched!

I took temp readings when I got back inside , batt was about 75-78deg. The motors were all about 60-65deg and the body or chassis of the drone was about 40deg give or take.

I was suprised how well it did. My hands were numb even with gloves on, the drone handled it better than I could!

One thing I will mention, is I left my drone outside with no batt in it for about 15min or so, to acclimate it to the cold temps, then I popped the batt in and let the drone do warm up and took off!

Oh and no icing on the props, and it was snowing very lightly and the flakes were small. The props were about 40 degrees when I checked them immediately after flight

All of these temps are in Fahrenheit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: loonie01
It wouldn't occur to me to leave the AC outside to let it "acclimate" in below freezing weather - especially since DJI explicitly states we shouldn't fly in air temps below 0 C.

I've been doing the opposite. I heat up the AC and slap the battery in while it's nice and toasty - trapping the warm air inside. I've even considered blocking at least some of the vents but haven't yet.

The coldest I've flown is 29 F, but this is my second winter and the season is young. :cool:

Sry to stray from the topic but I recently bought re fuel ND filters for my p3 standard and of course impulse buy I did read if the lens comes off to add the filter is there a sleeve that goes over the lens to use the filter ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak