2 Questions from tonight

Reaction score
Guys, got a couple of queries regarding my P3P from tonight.
First one, I regularly take images of 2 local school developments on going up here in Northern Scotland. One lies next to a small local airport. Now it classes as an ATZ, but I am allowed to fly there, without even gaining permission, (although I always do). The Wookong M on my old drone was fine, the P3P however kept telling me I was in a restricted zone, it didn't appear to prevent me flying, it was just annoying. is there a way to shut this off?
Secondly, I flipped the drone backward on landing for the 2nd time in a row today, and have no idea why this is happening, is there something I am doing with the controls. Is there a way to prevent this??

Cheers

Chris

I land and catch it in my hand every time to not shock or jar the gimble , they land a little hard sometimes I noticed . Just let it hover above your head in front of you then put hand up and walk to and grab with other hand hold stick down and it will shutdown in your hand . Just be very careful

Yup , I like catching it more then landing on ground, just be careful extend your arm straight up so blades don't hit your head .

Yes, after about 3 sec. once it senses it is no longer descending.

So it will shut down just holding down the left stick??

This is the perferd method of turning the motors off.

+1 for hand catching. No point in taking the risk of tipping out jaring the gimble.

So it will shut down just holding down the left stick??
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download and get a copy of the manual
It's got lots of useful info about basic operations like this.

i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

Reactions: Chris Sinclair
It's flipping because your performing a csc and your timing on your right stick is ahead so it's rolling the craft. Simply go into a solid hover about 4 feet agl. And SLOWLY left stick down until the feet lightly touch the ground than HOLD the left stick down until engines shut off. Don't even use the right stick on your descent from low hover.

The manual should be rewritten - have the 2 methods switched around. I think people are only reading the first method and ignoring the second.
The way it should read:
Method 1 (preffered) throttle down for 3 seconds.
Method 2 (emergency) CSC = emergency power off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31