14mp not 20mp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding this topic because I was surprised to find the amount of lens correction being done in the JPEGs -- when I loaded a bracketed set of raw files into phtomatix to do an HDR, I found I got a much different photo with a lot of horizon curvature and area in the corners which was not in the jpegs.

(Didn't realize this was being done and was surprised to find objects in the photomatrix hdr photo that were cropped out of frame in the same named jpeg files processed in camera!)

At the same time, I was surprised by how round my horizon was in the photomatix hdr shot and will need to get a separate program to correct that horizon distortion.

With that said, I still think my P4P+ camerea is pretty remarkable compared to my previous drone camera, so have no regrets on the purchase.

Reactions: AyeYo
Opening the .dng files in my editor of choice does not apply any of settings that the firmware of the aircraft applies to the RAW files

OM5WFyI.jpg

The last couple of flights even tho I had Raw + jpg set there was only .jpg pics on the memory card and these are the first .dng that I have managed to get from the aircraft.

I'd be curious how many of the 20MP complainers have used other drones before buying a P4 pro.
Have they come from lesser aerial cameras first or are they going straight from their big SLRs on the ground.

See, it's responses like these that make people laugh at you. This isn't even relevant. The quality of the photos isn't relevant. All that's relevant is that DJI markets 20MP effective and the camera doesn't deliver it.

At the VERY least they need to offer an option for a true RAW and let us do our own editing... but that'll never happen because DJI isn't in the business of caring even a tiny bit about post-purchase customer service.

I've read this same complaint from pixel peepers a number of times but it makes no difference to my photography.
The P4p camera is outstanding and you won't find a better camera in the air for even 4 times its price.
This thread offers some idea of how good the camera actually is: DJI Phantom 4 Pro image versus Canon 5DIII w/ 16-35 f/4
Or look at a couple of great images I've shot on a big screen:
Shipping 2017 - Above & Beyond Photography
Shipping 2017 - Above & Beyond Photography
It's all about results. Now .. what was that complaint again?
Q: How do you get a dji P4P owner turned on?
A: compliment them on their horizon lines.
Hahah.
This joke was inspired by your beautiful photos and those amazing horizon lines.

Meta 4 - I see that you have now taken to making smart *** posts and then deleting them - I guess that makes you feel good :)

As I said yesterday, your pathetic sniping calling people 20mp complainers did nothing but undermine your non existent argument - referring to these same people as 'joyous pixel peepers' and then deleting the post makes you look like an idiot.

In the same (deleted) post you said 'I guess I'll just remain curious then' - but that kind of post makes it crystal clear that you really haven't got a clue about what anybody is talking about. We've asked you questions - you've ignored them (presumably because they were beyond your comprehension). You've asked for examples - I've added them and guess what? You've ignored them as well. You've called people names and carried on with your childish 'I'm OK Jack - stuff you' attitude - yep, you are a troll. Sadly you are a troll that's also a moderator - what does that say about the way this forum is run?

Reactions: AyeYo
I think you have made your point, no reason to drag the thread in the mud. You are not happy about this, that is understandable. But once the thread is no longer bringing up something new, it becomes a shouting match, nothing to gain there.

I think you have made your point, no reason to drag the thread in the mud. You are not happy about this, that is understandable. But once the thread is no longer bringing up something new, it becomes a shouting match, nothing to gain there.

you are correct, I'd have been happy to let it lie - I realised that meta4 was deliberately ignoring any questions (or even answers) and was doing nothing more than trolling the thread but his final sneaky little snipe annoyed me. He knows that all the people involved in the thread will receive a notification of his post but his pathetic little outburst won't remain on the forum for others to see - it's the web equivalent of getting the last word as you walk away muttering under your breath :D

Meta 4 - I see that you have now taken to making smart *** posts and then deleting them - I guess that makes you feel good :)

As I said yesterday, your pathetic sniping calling people 20mp complainers did nothing but undermine your non existent argument - referring to these same people as 'joyous pixel peepers' and then deleting the post makes you look like an idiot.

In the same (deleted) post you said 'I guess I'll just remain curious then' - but that kind of post makes it crystal clear that you really haven't got a clue about what anybody is talking about. We've asked you questions - you've ignored them (presumably because they were beyond your comprehension). You've asked for examples - I've added them and guess what? You've ignored them as well. You've called people names and carried on with your childish 'I'm OK Jack - stuff you' attitude - yep, you are a troll. Sadly you are a troll that's also a moderator - what does that say about the way this forum is run?
I had second thoughts and thought it best to not respond but since you insist in bring it up, perhaps a bunch of joyless pixel peepers is a more appropriate way to describe a few people that complain about 20MP not being 20MP.
And yes ... I'm just going to have to remain curious since experience with previous DJI flying cameras seems to be something that's going to remain a mystery.

And perhaps Andy you might like to refresh your memory about what our community guidelines have to say, particularly #2 when you are dealing with people with differing opinions
Community Guidelines

I had second thoughts and thought it best to not respond but since you insist in bring it up, perhaps a bunch of joyless pixel peepers is a more appropriate way to describe a few people that complain about 20MP not being 20MP.
And yes ... I'm just going to have to remain curious since experience with previous DJI flying cameras seems to be something that's going to remain a mystery.

And perhaps Andy you might like to refresh your memory about what our community guidelines have to say, particularly #2.
Community Guidelines

Ok, I'll stick to number two, of (wait for it....another question) if you can explain how calling people moaners and pixel peepers, deliberately ignoring pertinent questions and belittling other people's valid opinion fits in with number 2. How your regular 'check out my site' fits in with number 11 and how your continued trolling (there really is no other word for it) fits in with number 12

Cura te ipsum

Ok, I'll stick to number two, of (wait for it....another question) if you can explain how calling people moaners and pixel peepers, deliberately ignoring pertinent questions and belittling other people's valid opinion fits in with number 2. How your regular 'check out my site' fits in with number 11 and how your continued trolling (there really is no other word for it) fits in with number 12
Andy .. I have a different opinion from you.
I've said all I want to say about it back in posts #62 and #75.

Andy .. I have a different opinion from you.
I've said all I want to say about it back in posts #62 and #75.

You asked questions - I answered them from my point of view
I asked questions - you chose to ignore every one of them
You asked for examples - I responded - you ignored that.
You resorted to calling people that disagreed with you names (moaners, pixel peepers and calling their arguments 'trivial')

Yes, you have a different opinion - I get that and as long as you have your head buried in the sand (cleaned up version) you are never going to be able to understand (or even care about) other people's grievances.

To suddenly put your moderator's hat on and start making veiled threats and referring to the community guidelines (you are clearly disregarding) makes you look even more ridiculous than you have managed so far.

I'm outta this thread - enough other people have posted sensible and relevant information to make ignoring the rubbish that some people are speaking easy to ignore.

I think this thread has out lived its usefulness.
Let's remember to keep it friendly in the future.

tenor.gif

because it's Closed.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik