10K-Club-- 1.89 miles out at 394 Ft in Height

I just saw this thread. I bought my windsurfer months ago and I never fly without it now. My best is 12,500' out at 40' altitude (with perfect signal all the way), following the river out on the St. John's River flats west of Cocoa FL back in November. Of course, the highest obstruction there was an occasional 15-20' palmetto tree. My total distance was 28,000 feet, taking a nice slow s-curve out then straight line RTH back. Near my house, I typically get around 10,000 feet out if I am over 300' and I have a 90' tree canopy in most directions about 1,000' out. Up to about a mile out, I can fly 125' altitude with great signal, despite the tree interference.

LOVE my Windsurfer from Dynamic 3D Solutions!

Last edited:
Yeah. Question. Which app are you using? I have used dji go religiously but lately it's been lagging. I had already bought litchi a while back but never used it. Finally got around to using it and it went flawlessly as well. Really liked how smooth it was.

I am using the stock DJI Go app and a iPad mini 4.
If it ever lagged it wasn't noticeable on the screen.

I got 14,444 feet on stock Phantom 3 Advanced. I did get to 1131 feet high, but was never more than 200 feet above the surface of the ground.

I will eventually max out the distance, but I didn't want to push it too hard considering it was 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I got 14,444 feet on stock Phantom 3 Advanced. I did get to 1131 feet high, but was never more than 200 feet above the surface of the ground.

I will eventually max out the distance, but I didn't want to push it too hard considering it was 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice! My hands froZe when it was that cold when I flew. Weather has not been cooperating with me lately and have not been able to fly.

Reactions: DGitalChaos
17,437ft / 3.3mi out and back. Fighting a brutal cross wind. Bone stock.
Ed209, you're running a stock Transmitter at 3.3 miles. I am getting about 1.9 miles then Transmission starts to give warnings

HAHAHA! POP TART SHIELD!!! BUILT THIS TODAY OUT OF A POP TART BOX CAUSE IT WAS REALLY SUNNY.

Worked real nice....

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 386
Hey guys this is my first post, but I was able to do a 14344 flight today! That was a fun flight, but now I think I want a range extender.

JerichoVirus, you've inspired me. Finally got to the 10k mark yesterday! When it gets warmer, I'm hoping for some more distance from the batteries lol. Hope somebody finds it cool!

Ed209, you're running a stock Transmitter at 3.3 miles. I am getting about 1.9 miles then Transmission starts to give warnings

It all depends on the environment. On that flight I turned around with full signal both video and control and 70% battery. I had a brutal x-wind which blew me away from my launch spot and had to muscle it back. I could have gone further if the conditions were better. Keep in mind, I'm on an elevated platform and completely over water most of the flight.

Just got over 21,000 feet just over 4 MILES (at 400' altitude) this afternoon with my windsurfer & Advance with the 32 channel hack (not sure it even came into play). Rural area.

Almost didn't make it home...had only 9% battery life left! Very scary but it's a good thing I had a bit of wind on the way back (6-8 mph).
807772b0e7a9ab1e5f709da656724c34.jpg

Reactions: dirtybum
Just got over 21,000 feet (at 400' altitude) this afternoon with my windsurfer & Advance with the 32 channel hack (not sure it even came into play). Rural area.

Almost didn't make it home...had only 9% battery life left! Very scary but it's a good thing I had a bit of wind on the way back (6-8 mph).
807772b0e7a9ab1e5f709da656724c34.jpg
That is awesome! How easy was that hack to install? I've been considering doing it myself. Are there any drawbacks to installing it?

That is awesome! How easy was that hack to install? I've been considering doing it myself. Are there any drawbacks to installing it?
Pretty easy...just google a youtube video on it. Different on Android vs iOS but again I'm not sure that it had anything to do with that run...it was all down to the windsurfer I'm sure. The hack doesn't do anything other than open up more channels...won't hurt a thing and don't have to use it.

I've gotten over 15k stock in similar area, NO hack or windsurfer.

Pretty easy...just google a youtube video on it. Different on Android vs iOS but again I'm not sure that it had anything to do with that run...it was all down to the windsurfer I'm sure. The hack doesn't do anything other than open up more channels...won't hurt a thing and don't have to use it.

I've gotten over 15k stock in similar area, NO hack or windsurfer.
When I get closer to town, my range drops to a max of about 1500 ft. I watched the channels for a while and they all seem to be pretty busy. A few extra channels might help me lol

Reactions: TheTanger
When I get closer to town, my range drops to a max of about 1500 ft. I watched the channels for a while and they all seem to be pretty busy. A few extra channels might help me lol
Yes, for sure...good luck!

Reactions: vh100
here is my longest so far
11500 feet at 300 feet altitude
this is in UK so only CE mode and not the high power FCC.
still had full signals at 11500 feet when i turned back due to a bad head wind that i knew i would hit on return flight.
landed with 30% battery
only mod is a £5 ebay windsurfer

Reactions: TheTanger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4