10K-Club-- 1.89 miles out at 394 Ft in Height

I would love to try a long distance flight, but afraid The FAA my get a wild hair and start monitoring some of theses sites. Isnt the law line of sight?

I did 12000 ft today @ 170 ft and a 20- 26 MPH wind before battery warning and signal loss initiated RTH.

01BDE55E-7FBF-4C10-BBF7-5C340CAC6899_zpsvx4ifmfz.png

Woh!!! Nice!! I turned back at 10k ft. due to jitters..Maybe I will try again when winds are a little calmer.

I would love to try a long distance flight, but afraid The FAA my get a wild hair and start monitoring some of theses sites. Isnt the law line of sight?

So thankfully-They state "line of sight" which in technical terms could be as it states. However, some country's it is my understanding it is "Visual Line of Sight".

Could be wrong so don't get your panties in a bunch and correct me if you have better info.

How dare you have a Stinson as your avatar, then proceed to fly 425' above your launch point. ;).

The altitude police really grind my gears lately, especially without knowing the details.

SD

Yeah, wind is a killer sometimes.
Go son Go! Hey virus, just remember ALWAYS have the wind at your back on the way back. If you fly into the wind on the way there you can bring it down to 50% and still make it home.

If you buck the wind(headwind) AND go as far as you can or until you hit a battery limit, RTH will initiate and since all is properly preflighted, the bird will simply return.

I flew 12,571 feet yesterday until the battery hit a point of no return and initiated RTH so as to have enough battery to safely come home.

Dropbox - 2016-02-02 00.00.00 DJI_0003 --Final Copy.mp4

Also, be safe, get over uninhabited terrain, have spotter(s) and a chase ATV if you are attempting long distance.

Very good point. That farm in the beginning belongs to the mayor and he was cool with me flying over his land. It is 600 acres total.

I will attempt this weekend.

Very good point. That farm in the beginning belongs to the mayor and he was cool with me flying over his land. It is 600 acres total.

I will attempt this weekend.
Good deal, however that will only allow you what, about 1 mile or 5280 ft away from launch?

Make sure/double sure you have all RTH/Failsafe preflighted correctly and simply trust your bird and you should be fine.

It does however take a few flights to gather the necessary confidence in the bird and we all go thru that.
I also carry 2 million liability just in case sugar turns to do do.

Good deal, however that will only allow you what, about 1 mile or 5280 ft away from launch?

Make sure/double sure you have all RTH/Failsafe preflighted correctly and simply trust your bird and you should be fine.

It does however take a few flights to gather the necessary confidence in the bird and we all go thru that.
I also carry 2 million liability just in case sugar turns to do do.

Yeah. Question. Which app are you using? I have used dji go religiously but lately it's been lagging. I had already bought litchi a while back but never used it. Finally got around to using it and it went flawlessly as well. Really liked how smooth it was.

I did 12000 ft today @ 170 ft and a 20- 26 MPH wind before battery warning and signal loss initiated RTH.

01BDE55E-7FBF-4C10-BBF7-5C340CAC6899_zpsvx4ifmfz.png
Sorry for the off topic question but why do we get the black and white stripes in the clouds and other white objects? Thanks!

I've decided when I fly, I'm going out in the country where I know there won't be any aircraft flying, and even then I won't be going over the 400' Ceiling. It's just not worth the risk. Videos are much more interesting under 400' any way in my opinion.

Never mind- i figured it out.... Imperial unit of measure.... Duh!
I changed my setting to Imperial and it still reads in meters on my telemetry. What a pain in the keister.

I've decided when I fly, I'm going out in the country where I know there won't be any aircraft flying, and even then I won't be going over the 400' Ceiling. It's just not worth the risk. Videos are much more interesting under 400' any way in my opinion.

Yeah, no point of flying over 400. Especially in a rural area where small crop planes fly as low as 500 ft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31