10K-Club-- 1.89 miles out at 394 Ft in Height

K1

Attachments

• 1454188087448.jpg
    1454188087448.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 500
This is the video. Sorry no editing. Just plain old video. I hear it takes up to 10 minutes for the HD to show.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

17,437ft / 3.3mi out and back. Fighting a brutal cross wind. Bone stock.

Reactions: JerichoVirus
17,437ft / 3.3mi out and back. Fighting a brutal cross wind. Bone stock.

Very nice. Hopefully I can get her out there that far one day.

20,625 ft at 300 ft alt Stock, channel 32, no windsurfer, had full signal, landed with 17% battery.
i usually go a little further each time i fly, but this is probably around the battery limit and distance i feel comfortable going up to.

Screenshot_2016-01-23-13-36-46.png

Last edited:
Very nice. Hopefully I can get her out there that far one day.
It's not that hard. Location is the most important. Then conditions. I probably could have gone 4mi each way if it wasn't for that cross wind. 22mph on the return flight really killed my chances.

20,625 ft at 300 ft alt Stock, channel 32, no windsurfer, had full signal, landed with 17% battery.
i usually go a little further each time i fly, but this is probably around the battery limit and distance i feel comfortable going up to.

View attachment 42328

What??? Dang.....I was freaking out at my distance....good job guys

What??? Dang.....I was freaking out at my distance....good job guys

yeah i probably wont be going that distance again lol i was watching the battery percentage and voltage go down very quickly on the way home, didnt think i would make it.

yeah i probably wont be going that distance again lol i was watching the battery percentage and voltage go down very quickly on the way home, didnt think i would make it.

Thankfully mine kept a good voltage the entire time. Will do another run tomorrow.

@Captain Jerry: I think the previous posters meant horizontal travel distance, not altitude. In fact, the original poster specifically mentions that he was 394 ft up, within the FAA rules.

Speaking for myself, I've had a new P3A for six days. I've logged 40,493 meters (over 25 miles) of travel in 2h14m of flight. My greatest distance from home - so far - was approximately 3400 meters (11,154 feet or 2.1 miles). All these journeys took place in the open desert.

I am very pleased with my bird's stock configuration performance.

When you got to these altitudes the risk of aircraft strikes increases greatly.
If an aircraft strikes it, the loss of the drone will be the least of your problems.
Use your head.

And the guy with the airplane avatar (he must be a pilot) is flying his Phantom above 400 feet and we can't understand why the drone community is under attack

Looks like the altitude police chimed in on this one. 22 posts between them. One without reading and understanding the post, the other is Sherlock Holmes because the guy has an airplane as his avatar.

SD

Heh. I think Captain Jerry needs to read closer before posting :) Pretty sure we are all on the same page here. That being HORIZONTAL distance not VERTICAL altitude.

I hit 10,025 last week.

I max out at 5600 feet, in a semi-rural location. I'm taking it out away from anyone to test it soon

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did 12000 ft today @ 170 ft and a 20- 26 MPH wind before battery warning and signal loss initiated RTH.

01BDE55E-7FBF-4C10-BBF7-5C340CAC6899_zpsvx4ifmfz.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers