$100 eBay Gimbal Review

Sorry for the delayed response. It was a pain to get pics because I had to take my phantom apart to get the pics of the naza side of the connection.

anyways, heres the pics. It only uses 3 of the 4 wires.

Attachments

• 20140125_192108.jpg
    20140125_192108.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 20140125_192627.jpg
    20140125_192627.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 306
750r said:
What is the weight of the gimbal ?
I see it says 210 but have you waited it ?
If it's 210, they must have made it out of cast iron. The other popular ones are around 130 Grams

BigSky said:
750r said:
What is the weight of the gimbal ?
I see it says 210 but have you waited it ?
If it's 210, they must have made it out of cast iron. The other popular ones are around 130 Grams
only the h3-2d is near that weight and it's only realistic with the upgrade board. It's by far the lightest gimbal option but also the most expensive 2-axis.

Hi, I'm a newbie to the hobby but have some experience with electronics. all of the notes/reviews I've seen on the forum for the various gimble systems reference the GoPro 3. I have a GPHero2. I am expecting some setup difference to adjust for the GP2 vs. the GP3. I just ordered the Goodluckbuy 2-way gimble (as well as my Phantom!). Any experiences with balance adjustments I can read? I've been scouring the forum but haven't located anything yet. Any guidance will be appreciated!

BradSCJB said:
Sorry for the delayed response. It was a pain to get pics because I had to take my phantom apart to get the pics of the naza side of the connection.
anyways, heres the pics. It only uses 3 of the 4 wires.

Brad, thank you so much for going through the effort to take photos for the rest of us new to this!

So other than those 3 cables plugged int the manner you had into the Naza on our 1.1.1 Phantom, what else did you have to plug in?

How does the gimbal get power? Is that from a splitter from your XT-60 cable or through the balance plug?

Do you have the 4.02 firmware and then just checked the gimbal checkbox?

Thanks!

theres a pair of wires in the phantom that are there for auxiliary power. They are red and gray....just connect those wires to the gimbals power wires which are red and black. Connect red to red and black to gray.

paprzy said:
Hi, I'm a newbie to the hobby but have some experience with electronics. all of the notes/reviews I've seen on the forum for the various gimble systems reference the GoPro 3. I have a GPHero2. I am expecting some setup difference to adjust for the GP2 vs. the GP3. I just ordered the Goodluckbuy 2-way gimble (as well as my Phantom!). Any experiences with balance adjustments I can read? I've been scouring the forum but haven't located anything yet. Any guidance will be appreciated!

I dont know the weight difference between the GP2 and the GP3, but as noted, I am running this gimbal straight out of the box with a GoPro Hero HD (not the 2 or 3, just the Hero HD) which I am sure weighs more that the 2 or 3.

does yours tilt full down? The one i bought of off ebay for about 150, similar model to yours, does not go full down. If down was 0 and straight ahead was 90 degrees, it might get down to about 20 degrees then goes into the jerky head bob motion. I had to go into the NAZA and fine tune my x1 limitations so that it would go as far as it could go without activating the head bob when i turned my tilt lever all the way.

But the stupid thing is, it will tilt all the way up. Why is their any point of tilting that far up just to see the undercarriage of the phantom? It's like they installed the motors backwards.

You only need one wire for pitch. The jerking can be stopped by simply using simple BGC software and increasing power to the motors.

MILLER4PRESIDENT2020 said:
does yours tilt full down? The one i bought of off ebay for about 150, similar model to yours, does not go full down. If down was 0 and straight ahead was 90 degrees, it might get down to about 20 degrees then goes into the jerky head bob motion. I had to go into the NAZA and fine tune my x1 limitations so that it would go as far as it could go without activating the head bob when i turned my tilt lever all the way.

But the stupid thing is, it will tilt all the way up. Why is their any point of tilting that far up just to see the undercarriage of the phantom? It's like they installed the motors backwards.

You need the gimbal software to change this

FC40 Pilot said:
You only need one wire for pitch.

That's what I thought. How come he's using three wires from the Naza to the gimbal? What would the other two wires be for?

Jebus said:
FC40 Pilot said:
You only need one wire for pitch.

That's what I thought. How come he's using three wires from the Naza to the gimbal? What would the other two wires be for?

I have no idea

About the wires... I have the same gimbal and tried what one guy suggested and only used the signal wire (bottom wire on F2 to top left pin of the 3x2 connector on the gimbal and it works like a charm. I guess it makes sense because the phantom and gimbal already share power and ground. Also, I have to say that this gimbal is a lot sturdier than it looks. Two major crashes, one on concrete, both knocked the gimbal off the phantom and even knocked the camera plate off of the gimbal, and a few re-soldered wires and the gimbal works as good as ever. Kids, don't try this at home.

BradSCJB said:
paprzy said:

I dont know the weight difference between the GP2 and the GP3, but as noted, I am running this gimbal straight out of the box with a GoPro Hero HD (not the 2 or 3, just the Hero HD) which I am sure weighs more that the 2 or 3.

Thanks for that. I just received the shipping notice from goodluckbuy.com and am expecting my gimble Thursday. I'll see how it plays out. In the meantime, I am just having a blast with the Phanton & GP2 hanging from the belly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav