Zenmuse X7

Reaction score
Thoughts? Is it better to have 4K at 60fps, or 6K at 30? Can it replace the camera in 4 pro? Any idea what the file size is for stills?

Thoughts? Is it better to have 4K at 60fps, or 6K at 30? Can it replace the camera in 4 pro? Any idea what the file size is for stills?
No, only compatible with Inspire2, and other more expensive craft later. Besides not being physically compatible with P4P, it's also way too heavy, not to mention it costs twice the price of a P4P by itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hikaru Sulu
24MP stills but a bigger sensor so other benefits
But it's US$2700 + another $1200 for a lens on top of the cost of the Inspire 2 and the batteries to run it (The Inspire uses bigger batteries, two at a time and the Z7's weight will eat the flight time).

Reactions: laddben and GMack
Yep as the others have said very expensive plus the price of the Inspire 2 and above to get it in the air. Way to much cash to have 100ft up with DJI's reliability issues

Depending what your final requirement for production 24mp is dependent on the format either full frame sensor or reduced size sensor, however the Phantom 4 I have produced an acceptable 4ft image from an dx 24mp still camera from a raw image not jpeg, movie if it is for transmission it is dependant again if you are producing for monitor/TV screen or larger obviously 60fps will give less blurring of images. So really depends on your final market and your budget.

It's made for professionals, so people whose careers involve TV documentaries, shows and film making in general ought to benefit from the new x7. Even if someone just picked up the latest x7 with all four new lenses, then that person would still have to invest in some high-end computer and monitor to edit X7 video footage efficiently. Besides videos, editing pictures shouldn't be a problem on most computers these days.

Reactions: Hikaru Sulu
24MP stills but a bigger sensor so other benefits
But it's US$2700 + another $1200 for a lens on top of the cost of the Inspire 2 and the batteries to run it (The Inspire uses bigger batteries, two at a time and the Z7's weight will eat the flight time).
Weight was my first thought, surprisingly it’s actually lighter than the X5s camera/gimble. Its a shame we are on this side of the planet, the price here is going to be a bit silly. DWI not likely to have it available any time soon.

I don't think they have come out with 6 & 8K monitors yet, might be wrong, doesn't matter too many numbers, commas & decimal points for my wallet. I use a 32" 4K monitor and it looks better than I can see:eek:

Reactions: tml4191
I don't think they have come out with 6 & 8K monitors yet, might be wrong, doesn't matter too many numbers, commas & decimal points for my wallet. I use a 32" 4K monitor and it looks better than I can see:eek:
It’s not just about outright resolution. The greater ability to crop in post, higher bitrate, pro codecs, larger sensor and higher quality optics are also considerations.

It's made for professionals, so people whose careers involve TV documentaries, shows and film making in general ought to benefit from the new x7. Even if someone just picked up the latest x7 with all four new lenses, then that person would still have to invest in some high-end computer and monitor to edit X7 video footage efficiently. Besides videos, editing pictures shouldn't be a problem on most computers these days.
I'm guessing that anyone shooting with this kind of camera and lens will be a pilot only. There will be no need for the pilot to do editing, as the production team will have a crew of editors that will take care of that task in minute detail. Flying in that scenario is a dream job, but your skill set for precision flight is essential.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj