Zenmuse X7 vs P4P camera

I myself was looking at the 'leaked' specs for the Inspire 3/Zenmuse X8. Though I suspect the price will come in around that of a new Mercedes.

Reactions: Brojon
Yeah, that 17 stops is hard to comprehend. And I'm sure the price will be in the stratosphere. Frankly, I'd be reluctant to fly such an expensive rig more than 8' off the ground!

Reactions: WetDog
Yeah, that 17 stops is hard to comprehend. And I'm sure the price will be in the stratosphere. Frankly, I'd be reluctant to fly such an expensive rig more than 8' off the ground!
Wussie..:)
The release dates don't jive though it says the Inspire 3 is due the end of 2018 and the Zenmuse 8 by the end of 2019 but in the beginning of the article it mentions them being released together, I hope its true because people will be upgrading and Inspire 2 will be around at a better price,

Well you're a better man than me.. personally, I would not want to have my entire net worth flying through the air on a drone!

Let's see what announcements are made this fall. Any leaks are just speculation at this point.

Well you're a better man than me.. personally, I would not want to have my entire net worth flying through the air on a drone!

Let's see what announcements are made this fall. Any leaks are just speculation at this point.
You have to trust the tech and I do , its even got double batteries..:)
If one fell into your lap lets not even pretend you wouldn't fly it , maybe not with the CS though... LOL

You have to trust the tech and I do , its even got double batteries..:)
If one fell into your lap lets not even pretend you wouldn't fly it , maybe not with the CS though... LOL

This spring I was taking pictures of humpback whales off my boat in 15 knot winds and 4 foot seas. Landing gets terribly interesting in this situation. I was flying a 3 year old P3P whose total value is about $500. I barely got the thing on board - used about half the battery in landing attempts.

Some guy an a 30 foot boat and some godawful expensive video rig with a ten foot boom was flying an Inspire - looked like a 2. He had a much better landing platform and eventually landed it - rather hard. More like a barely controlled crash. He never took off again that day (of course, neither did I).

Obviously his budget is bigger than mine but I'll take the P3 and put it in harm's way to get a good picture. A souped up Inspire, not so much.

But ****, I'd like that camera.....

It's much easier to fly and crash someone else's AC. :)
Okay, maybe if I have it fully insured against loss, I'd fly it then, but only conservatively.

I took my wife and daughter on a whale watch off the coast of Maine in 2016. At the time, I had my "junker" cam (Sony PMW-EX1) and an Atomos Samurai that I was willing to risk on voyage, knowing that there was salt spray in the air. Got great footage. Before the trip, we secured permission from the company running the tour and made sure that our camera would be no problem.

Now I'm thinking, wouldn't it be nice to use a drone to record on a whale watch. Hmmmm..

This spring I was taking pictures of humpback whales off my boat in 15 knot winds and 4 foot seas. Landing gets terribly interesting in this situation. I was flying a 3 year old P3P whose total value is about $500. I barely got the thing on board - used about half the battery in landing attempts.

Some guy an a 30 foot boat and some godawful expensive video rig with a ten foot boom was flying an Inspire - looked like a 2. He had a much better landing platform and eventually landed it - rather hard. More like a barely controlled crash. He never took off again that day (of course, neither did I).

Obviously his budget is bigger than mine but I'll take the P3 and put it in harm's way to get a good picture. A souped up Inspire, not so much.

But ****, I'd like that camera.....

I’m not talking taking unnecessary risks with it just regular flights just to up the image quality compared to what the P4P gives

Even the X5S is no comparison to P4P. X4 is basically a P4P cam. X7 is the sweet, sweet icing on the cake [emoji4]

Ver 2 of the P4P according to DJI specs will produce image files with 75% less noise and so this would improve dynamic range and overall image quality in many situations. This would be a relatively inexpensive upgrade from the original P4P. It would be nice if one could buy just the new camera as an option.

Ver 2 of the P4P according to DJI specs will produce image files with 75% less noise and so this would improve dynamic range and overall image quality in many situations. This would be a relatively inexpensive upgrade from the original P4P. It would be nice if one could buy just the new camera as an option.

Thats the first ive heard of that, do you have a link to where it is in DJI’s specs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic