Zenmuse X7 vs P4P camera

Ver 2 of the P4P according to DJI specs will produce image files with 75% less noise and so this would improve dynamic range and overall image quality in many situations. This would be a relatively inexpensive upgrade from the original P4P. It would be nice if one could buy just the new camera as an option.
If this was true, you would expect DJI to tell potential customers here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Instead, they say things like:
There's plenty to say that the propellers make less noise.
If you search you even find that the new ESCs ESCs reduce electromagnetic noise.
But there's nothing to suggest that there is anything different in the camera.

Reactions: lickitysplit11111
Ver 2 of the P4P according to DJI specs will produce image files with 75% less noise and so this would improve dynamic range and overall image quality in many situations. This would be a relatively inexpensive upgrade from the original P4P. It would be nice if one could buy just the new camera as an option.
Do you have a link? I think your getting confused with noise from the new props and noise from using a high ISO :D

How much of an improvement would the image quality of the stills be ? I'm interested in better image quality of the stills mostly, and yes I know I can't use X7 on the P4P..
Big. You are comparing a camera with a super 35 sensor in it and one that has a 1 inch sensor in it not to mention better glass in front of it. It would like be comparing a Nikon d750 against a cheap point and shoot.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that is the case. Images from the Vr 2.0 compared to the Pro, are the same in relation to noise levels. This is with raw/dng and jpg. The Vr 2.0 does seem to add a bit more saturation to the video than the P4 Pro, at least to my screens.

Paul C

Reactions: DKG13CC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic