Zenmuse H3-2D Level Issue

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a thread on this already, but I'm constantly having issues getting my Zenmuse mount to be level. In post I have to rotate images between 5 and 10 degrees to the left. I've Googled and found similar issues, but no real solution. I try to boot up on level surface and stay hands off through boot up, but no change. I am running the upgraded board and have also looked in the Zenmuse Assist software, but didn't see anything in there.

JP

There is another thread about this problem but hard to tell from the subject line so here's what I posted.

I'm having the exact same problem.....

tilted_gimbal.jpg

Yes I know I left the darn lens cover on for that photo.... I just forgot to remove it for the pic. I do not fly with the lens cover on and have not added anything to the GoPro per the H3 2D Owners Manual that would throw it out of balance.

The mounts are solid and level, I even took everything apart and re-assembled just to be sure there was no operator error. I can say that the problem was not there when I first got the gimbal it has only appeared in the last few weeks. When I push up on one of the rubber dampeners I can get the gimbal to go level but the mount is clearly not level.

I have a Version 1 gimbal which version do you have?

So I wrote DJI about the problem and they wrote back....

"Our technician has determined the case above is a possible warranty issue. I have issued RMA#XXXXX. Please be sure to write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the box you are shipping with permanent marker. If we cannot find or read the RMA number, the package will be refused."

The real bummer is I'm going to have to take the Phantom apart and de-solder the power connections. Really wish I didn't have to do all that.

So tonight I stripped the Phantom down and packed up the Zenmuse and sending it back to DJI with my RMA # attached

Hope they are able to fix the problem or replace the Gimbal.

Did you get this issue figured out? Im having the same problem, the gimbal seems to be just a little off level...I thought there would be a way to recalibrate but I can't find any forums on it...

reading your problem on the forum I was wondering what soldering you have to do. I have the gimbal from DJI and so far had no problem's, as to do any soldering it just plugged into every thing. The one question I have is have you up graded to the new board? With this the only bit of solder I have used is making the video lead to a servo plug to fit onto the video out put on my down link transmitter, and put a plug to match the power supply so I can remove power when I want to pack it back in the carrying case. Hope this may help, Ian (chopperflyer).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20