YouTube Drone Pilot Channels

Reaction score
Wonder if anybody follows any YouTubers, I recently came across Ken Heron's channel, pretty good..interesting..Whats everyone else watching?

Thanks

Reactions: jimlips
I don't follow and particular channels but a simple YouTube search for any model of AC will bring up tons of videos. Since I'm a P3 owner I mostly search that model but ive found some crazy videos of guys goin above the clouds and crazy long distance flights, and one in particular where a P4 pilot was out to sea and ignored the low battery RTH and was **** lucky it happened to be over a sand bar when it auto landed on critical battery. Cost him 300 euros to rent a boat and retrieve his AC before the tide came in lol!

Reactions: Rodee34
There are some Vloggers who are being given free drones and given affiliate links to promote them. They claim the drone is the best ever just to make money. I think this type of video should be banned. I make videos but I don't put any affiliate links in the comments and never will.

There are some Vloggers who are being given free drones and given affiliate links to promote them. They claim the drone is the best ever just to make money. I think this type of video should be banned. I make videos but I don't put any affiliate links in the comments and never will.
Thats simply free enterprise, let em promote whatever they want, its all subject to opinion anyway whether its for profit or not.

Reactions: Blade4
Thats simply free enterprise, let em promote whatever they want, its all subject to opinion anyway whether its for profit or not.

True but they are only talking about the good points. They are not being objective and some people think they are. If you watch an advert on TV you can it is an advert but on YouTube you don't if they are being honest or just trying to sell as much stuff as possible even if they think its junk.

True but they are only talking about the good points. They are not being objective and some people think they are. If you watch an advert on TV you can it is an advert but on YouTube you don't if they are being honest or just trying to sell as much stuff as possible even if they think its junk.
Thats very true but on the same hand there's a ton of bad/"not entirely accurate" adverts out there. Its always been buyer beware, do as much research as possible and never rely solely on one opinion. But you're quite right, not everyone does that and that's why these adverts work. Right or wrong thats just free enterprise.

To me those kind of videos are no worse than the ones showing people flying completely illegally for one, but more importantly, flying UNSAFE, and yet those videos are there as well. Can't police everything...

I don't follow and particular channels but a simple YouTube search for any model of AC will bring up tons of videos. Since I'm a P3 owner I mostly search that model but ive found some crazy videos of guys goin above the clouds and crazy long distance flights, and one in particular where a P4 pilot was out to sea and ignored the low battery RTH and was **** lucky it happened to be over a sand bar when it auto landed on critical battery. Cost him 300 euros to rent a boat and retrieve his AC before the tide came in lol!

Yea I watched Ken fly though a cloud of smoke from a coal power plant...ehhhh don't know if I would have flown thought that, but it gave a great shot coming through into the next tower into view..

Reactions: 3rdof5
Yea I watched Ken fly though a cloud of smoke from a coal power plant...ehhhh don't know if I would have flown thought that, but it gave a great shot coming through into the next tower into view..
If its easily accessible, post a link to that video, sounds cool.

To me those kind of videos are no worse than the ones showing people flying completely illegally for one, but more importantly, flying UNSAFE, and yet those videos are there as well. Can't police everything...

True. Apparently if someone complains to the FAA the FAA will only send a warning. They have a strike system before someone is fined.

But you do have to be silly to put illegal footage online.

Thats very true but on the same hand there's a ton of bad/"not entirely accurate" adverts out there. Its always been buyer beware, do as much research as possible and never rely solely on one opinion. But you're quite right, not everyone does that and that's why these adverts work. Right or wrong thats just free enterprise.

I think a compromise is that YouTube designate a link for affiliate links and then put up a message before the video starts to make it clear that it is an affiliate video. But that might hurt YouTube so they won't.

If someone buys a product and gives a genuine review that is okay but its one someone flies a drone for a few minutes, makes a video claiming it is the best think ever and then posts affiliate links.

I think a compromise is that YouTube designate a link for affiliate links and then put up a message before the video starts to make it clear that it is an affiliate video. But that might hurt YouTube so they won't.

If someone buys a product and gives a genuine review that is okay but its one someone flies a drone for a few minutes, makes a video claiming it is the best think ever and then posts affiliate links.
I agree but still, I also think it's fair to say the consumer should be just as diligent and not rely on YouTube's potential censorship and/or endorsement of any particular affiliate links. I'm sure their terms of agreement of use specify the users obligations in that respect. The onus is just as much on the consumer imo to be smart.

I'm guessing you don't make a living from the craft... or spend 60 hours a week making videos.

Reactions: Blade4 and dirkclod

That's no different than hiring a spokes person to be in a TV commercial brag and gleam over a product. Paid endorsement is common and acceptable.

If I were using DJI products and making VLogs etc and I could get some extra $$ (and free goodies) from DJI for talking positively about them, don't think for a moment I wouldn't be toting them as a great company and product.

It's up to the consumer to be able to sort out the Wheat from the Chaff and it's fairly easy to do. If the consumer only wants to watch an "affiliate" VLOG to make buying decisions (and it's their right to do so) they will learn a life lesson. We can't sugar coat the world for them . . .

That's no different than hiring a spokes person to be in a TV commercial brag and gleam over a product. Paid endorsement is common and acceptable.

If I were using DJI products and making VLogs etc and I could get some extra $$ (and free goodies) from DJI for talking positively about them, don't think for a moment I wouldn't be toting them as a great company and product.

It's up to the consumer to be able to sort out the Wheat from the Chaff and it's fairly easy to do. If the consumer only wants to watch an "affiliate" VLOG to make buying decisions (and it's their right to do so) they will learn a life lesson. We can't sugar coat the world for them . . .

Many aren't from DJI though. They are from small drone manufacturers. The drone isn't tested by the vlogger. If the vlogger genuinely liked the drone then fine but you need to know you can trust vloggers.

Many aren't from DJI though. They are from small drone manufacturers.

You totally missed my point. I only used DJI because we are on a DJI branded forum. You could use Yuneec or any brand sUAS and the logic is just the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4