Your Opinion Of This Police Harassment Of Drone Pilot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me I'll never understand why people can't understand that a car is a weapon. People die every day in hit and run crashes - how's that not a weapon??
I think you need to look up the definition of the word weapon. A car in not a weapon unless used as one. A tree limb is not a weapon unless I use one to harm someone. I have one rifle and four handguns. None are weapons until I use them as such. I don't hunt or
plan to shoot people. They are tools to me for my enjoyment . With your way of thinking, everything I own is a weapon.

Last edited:
Reactions: N017RW
I think you need to look up the definition of the word weapon. A car in not a weapon unless used as on. A tree limb is not a weapon unless I use one to harm someone. I have one rifle and four handguns. None are weapons until I use them as such. I don't hunt or
plan to shoot people. They are tools to me for my enjoyment . With your way of thinking, everything I own is a weapon.

I can tell that you already think that I'm a gun hater - I'm not. I'm an avid gun enthusiast.

Yes anything can be used as a weapon.

When I used to live in Los Angeles I was running a lot so I was doing 8 or 9 miles a day and I got hit at least 6 times. I finally had to stop running as it proved to be just too dangerous.

I don't think anyone of those people were trying to hit me...but...

I'm UOTE="eatpasta, post: 1063866, member: 78087"]it's actually quite alarming how much time and energy some people put into protecting animals when so many people out there desperately need help.

This guy is a perfect example. Most of these folks value animals over people[/QUOTE]
I'm glad that many are out their to protect animals. They have no voice. I wish I had more time to help but I do my part. Sometimes I feel I do value animals over some people. I've never heard of an animal shooting up a school.

I'm glad that many are out their to protect animals. They have no voice. I wish I had more time to help but I do my part. Sometimes I feel I do value animals over some people. I've never heard of an animal shooting up a school.

Nor have I heard of a toddler shooting up a school

[Qdon't E="eatpasta, post: 1063891, member: 78087"]Nor have I heard of a toddler shooting up a school[/QUOTE]
I don't get your point there

However, the cops had the right to investigations and get ID.

Sad folks are obstructionist and dicks...but that is our world.

Just wondering... why do you need someone's ID to investigate?

Truth is, they don't. They can ask question about what happen without knowing who someone is. If they then determine that a crime might have been committed and that the person is a suspect, they can then ask for ID. I think what you are over-looking here is that the police wanted their ID _only_ so that they could make a record of who they were and perhaps even give this info to the property owner. If I don't like what you are legal doing should I be able to use the police to get your personal information? Should the police even be assisting in that type of activity? Envoking your Constitutional rights should _never_ be viewed as "obstruction". When you refuse to stand up for your rights, you tend to lose them.

Reactions: Monte55
[Qdon't E="eatpasta, post: 1063891, member: 78087"]Nor have I heard of a toddler shooting up a school
I don't get your point there

Toddlers won't shoot up schools nor have a proper voice of their own

What IS your point? Explain it to me like I am a 6 year old.

I'm using your reasoning that animals don't have a voice of their own to try to point out that many people, like toddlers or even grown people, don't have a voice of their own.

To take your reasoning the next step, I was also pointing out that a toddler is not likely to shoot up a school all of which place human beings at a priority above animals.

I'm using your reasoning that animals don't have a voice of their own to try to point out that many people, like toddlers or even grown people, don't have a voice of their own.

To take your reasoning the next step, I was also pointing out that a toddler is not likely to shoot up a school all of which place human beings at a priority above animals.
Still not getting you. Let's just drop it. No reason to argue. Have a good day.

I totally agree. I disagree that we have been having an argument, however.

There was no name calling - a discussion was had.

We do need to figure out what's going on with how you're quoting things though

Based on what I've seen happening in the UK with regard to aggressive Muslim migrants it looks to me like you will soon wish you had a gun.

Yes, I cannot argue with you on that. But please remember we are ruled by powerful people who cannot countenance loss of power. The gun is a brutal weapon The mind and the pen and the law is far more powerful.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I totally agree. I disagree that we have been having an argument, however.

There was no name calling - a discussion was had.

We do need to figure out what's going on with how you're quoting things though
I have no idea why it came out that way. If I quote someone, I have a response. I was on a tablet at the time and it doesn't always do what I expect.

I have no idea why it came out that way. If I quote someone, I have a response. I was on a tablet at the time and it doesn't always do what I expect.

heh - android?

This thread delivers. Police overreach to US gun control to android vs. IOS for forum access. Not sure if Trump has ben introduced into the conversation yet or religion LOL

Reactions: JasonP4
This thread delivers. Police overreach to US gun control to android vs. IOS for forum access. Not sure if Trump has ben introduced into the conversation yet or religion LOL

We'll get there

Reactions: JasonP4 and N017RW
What's really sad that is adults can't have constructive discourse.
Actually, I'm pleased that the discourse here is relatively civil. (As opposed to, say, comments on YouTube which often devolve into vulgar flamefests.) It could be better, but all in all much better than it might be considering the subject matter.

And it has been at least somewhat constructive. It has certainly allowed me to consider some points of view other than my own, and learn a bit about drone regulations and LEO practices in other states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures