You may not have to register your P3 (commercial use) after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the author of that article is confused. The FAA is working to make it easier for people to fly small drones commercially, but it will not exempt hobbyists from the existing registration process.

Reactions: Meta4
I don't know that the author is confused. He states, "According to the suggested amendment, drones under 4.4 pounds (about 2kg) would be exempt from the upcoming FAA commercial drone regulations."

The article title may be misleading, but the author seems to understand that the distinction, although his next statement muddies the waters, "This basically manes [sic] that anyone and everyone would be able to fly a drone for hobby or commercial purposes as long as it is under 4.4 pounds"

Quoting from the actual proposed bill,

"A micro UAS operated in accordance with subsection (b) of this section is exempt from sections 91.7(a), 91.119(c), 91.121, 91.151(a)(1), 91.405(a), 91.407(a)(1), 91.409(a)(1) and (2), and 91.417(a) and (b) of title 14, Code of Federal Regulations, and does not require a certificate of authorization or waiver from the Federal Aviation Administration.’’.

I haven't looked up all those sections.
Is the new drone pilot registration requirement among them? :confused:

No ... The proposed micro drone amendment only relates to commercial use.
It would not affect the recent FAA recreational drone registration at all.
Good news, either way, if it passes! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31