Yinzer in the house

Reaction score
Happy to have discovered this page - after 35 years in the military and 10 years of retirement, I decided to purchase a drone. Was tempted by the generics, but a buddy advised me to go DJI. Found a refurb fly more Mavic mini on eBay and pulled the trigger. Three backyard short flights yesterday with no mishaps. Have a ton to learn about the sport. The primary motivation for starting was a need to determine line-of-sight to internet radios for a nonprofit rural broadband coop I am involved with. I need the ability to spot small non-descript poles/towers in the distance. This allows us to recommend removal of trees/obstacles to achieve internet service where none is currently available. During my test flight, I captured some stills and examined them later. The image is good but pretty blocky on zoom. I am thinking they are not at max resolution. Guess I will figure that out as I dig into the documentation. Another nice-to-have feature would be the azimuth the camera was pointing when the pic was snapped. Is that recorded in the metadata? Guess I will have to find some software that will show it. Sorry for the rookie questions - this is a new world for me and I am looking forward to learning. BTW "Yinzer" is a term to describe folks from Pennsylvania who say yinz instead of y'all or you all. I am an adopted yinzer, since I have resided here since 1998. We are located in the Rothrock State Forest area about 15 miles south of the town of State College.
Happy to be a Mavic driver. TB
DJI_0015.JPG

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. 👍

Reactions: snowy23
Welcome from across the pond hope you enjoy 👍

Reactions: CKUK and dirkclod
Happy to have discovered this page - after 35 years in the military and 10 years of retirement, I decided to purchase a drone. Was tempted by the generics, but a buddy advised me to go DJI. Found a refurb fly more Mavic mini on eBay and pulled the trigger. Three backyard short flights yesterday with no mishaps. Have a ton to learn about the sport. The primary motivation for starting was a need to determine line-of-sight to internet radios for a nonprofit rural broadband coop I am involved with. I need the ability to spot small non-descript poles/towers in the distance. This allows us to recommend removal of trees/obstacles to achieve internet service where none is currently available. During my test flight, I captured some stills and examined them later. The image is good but pretty blocky on zoom. I am thinking they are not at max resolution. Guess I will figure that out as I dig into the documentation. Another nice-to-have feature would be the azimuth the camera was pointing when the pic was snapped. Is that recorded in the metadata? Guess I will have to find some software that will show it. Sorry for the rookie questions - this is a new world for me and I am looking forward to learning. BTW "Yinzer" is a term to describe folks from Pennsylvania who say yinz instead of y'all or you all. I am an adopted yinzer, since I have resided here since 1998. We are located in the Rothrock State Forest area about 15 miles south of the town of State College.
Happy to be a Mavic driver. TBView attachment 122677
Welcome to PhantomPilots I fly P4P & MA2 but I also joined MavicPiolots . When you have a question about either of
these drones many of the questions have already been discussed on that specific site . You are more likely to find what
your looking for . Just for instance Mavic Mini uses DJI Fly app and Phantom 4 Pro uses DJI Go 4 app . I got started flying
in 2015 building DJI drones and I still learn new things every time I fly and visit these sites , I have found no better sites for
any of the (I call real) drones . Your in the right place hope this helps .

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Reactions: CKUK
Welcome to the forum! :)

You might try and find a pilot in your area that can meet up with you and show you the ropes. So much easier than making all the mistakes that we've already made.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31