Home point

Reaction score
Just a question regarding home point. I flew my P4A for the first time yesterday after checking and getting the green gps good to fly I noitice my home point wasn’t set. My home point symbol on my radar map was yellow it said weak gps signal Is that from my phone having a weak signal or my drone. I reset my home point to my rc location I got a green message with a check mark. But the home point symbol on the radar map stayed yellow. I flew in beginner mode to be safe but want to try RTH but worried about the yellow home point is this normal. Sorry for the long question.

Blue skies

Denmac......i sure cant answer your question.......But i will tell you this "Your question" is not long at all compared to some that i have seen lately....Stay Tuned you question is will answered soon !

Reactions: aarononeal311
Just a question regarding home point. I flew my P4A for the first time yesterday after checking and getting the green gps good to fly I noitice my home point wasn’t set. My home point symbol on my radar map was yellow it said weak gps signal Is that from my phone having a weak signal or my drone. I reset my home point to my rc location I got a green message with a check mark. But the home point symbol on the radar map stayed yellow. I flew in beginner mode to be safe but want to try RTH but worried about the yellow home point is this normal.
Were you flying where the Phantom had a clear view of the sky?
Or was a significant area of the horizon/sky blocked by trees, buildings or terrain?
If the Phantom has a good, clear skyview and it doesn't have a malfunctioning GPS unit, it should always have full GPS reception.
The message would not be related to your phone as what's important for flying is the location data for the Phantom.

The Phantom records a homepoint as soon as it gets a good GPS position fix.
When you see green - good to fly, it will have recorded the home point.
You can easily confirm by checking the distance at the bottom of the screen.
If there is a homepoint, the app can show the distance from home.
No GPS and the app can't show the distance.

If in doubt, the recorded flight data will show exactly what was happening.
To check that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I was flying in a field near the tree line which might explain the no home point but I did get the green good to fly but I didn’t check to see how many sats So even if I set Home Point to rc location will it show green in radar map. I’ve nerved done that before I’m going to Check flight log.
Thanks Meta4

Blue Sky’s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.