Yaw motor replacement + camera leaning to the side

Do you have a picture of how it looks and what I need to move where? I have the same problem where I replaced a malfunctioning yaw motor and now my camera is intent on looking to the side. I am up for fiddling with it, but would love to have a bit more instruction/visual on what to adjust. BTW, my drone is a P4, but sounds very similar.

The p4 is done differently. Did u reuse the yaw motor casing.? That is a must. Please always save the old motor

Yes! I do have the old motor. It isn't obvious to me what clues I can gain from it, but hopefully with your guidance I can figure it out!

I have a video on here under Phantom 4 help and on YouTube. I am now in the Caribbean so I am having problems getting to it. It is under droneted on YouTube. It is under ted4797 on here. It explains how to fix your problem. Email me if you need help.
[email protected]

Is it this video:
I can replace the housings. I did open up the old motor already and there are scratches there for sure, more on one sensor than the other. My concern is what if the new motor with the old casing will still produce some sideways angle - am I out of luck? Will I need to keep buying motors until one of them works?

I have to say, this is a pretty dumb setup by DJI. Any RC model/radio I ever had allowed for trimming the servos so you get them exactly where you want them. Even the P4 has this function for the camera roll. But not for yaw! Would've been simple to implement and then we'd not be messing with this.

Just a reminder. If there are any marks on the sensors they are no good. They are very sensitive. You can check them with a jewlars loop.

Ok, I replaced the casing and it worked!!! The camera is now dead center, no issues. I am tired of dealing with all the small screws moving these things back and forth, but at least I got what I wanted. Thank you very much!

My conclusion is that the drone is tuned to the magnet in the casing at the factory. They obviously have a way of doing this servo adjustment at the factory, which makes sense. Can't imagine what I'd need to do if I had to replace the mainboard - that would TOTALLY suck!

Reactions: Droneted
Ok, I replaced the casing and it worked!!! The camera is now dead center, no issues. I am tired of dealing with all the small screws moving these things back and forth, but at least I got what I wanted. Thank you very much!

My conclusion is that the drone is tuned to the magnet in the casing at the factory. They obviously have a way of doing this servo adjustment at the factory, which makes sense. Can't imagine what I'd need to do if I had to replace the mainboard - that would TOTALLY suck!
Yes it sucks but at least we have it figured out. Jiminyfix and I have been working on this solution for months. glad to hear it worked for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT