Yaw motor needs replaced?

Reaction score
I have a vibration problem that is getting worse over the last 6 weeks. I have decreased the vibration of the p3s greatly in the quad itself, but the problem still exists in the camera. I tested it on the table with the props not turning but the p3s turned on. When I put my fingers on the gimbal mount that connects to the body of the p3s there is little vibration. Where the gimbal connect's to the plate below the isolators that is where the problem exists. It feels like an engine with a rough idle. At first smooth then the vibration. I'm thinking the yaw motor needs replaced. Not sure how to do it. Can't find a video on how to replace yaw motor. Your thoughts?

On my P3A there is a cooling fan above the upper plate above the rubber mounts which causes a slight vibration, and a tiny amount of vibration on the camera but does not effect the video.

If the quad is held with it fired up and the motors not running, does the gimbal still stay level. If it does then test to see if any vibration is shown on the video. If the video is okay then maybe you should not worry. From your description it probably isn't this though but I thought I would mention it.

Maybe a long very shot though.

Something else. I can do a gimbal calibration on the Go App. Can you do the same? Worth trying.

Last edited:
On my P3A there is a cooling fan above the upper plate above the rubber mounts which causes a slight vibration, and a tiny amount of vibration on the camera but does not effect the video.

If the quad is held with it fired up and the motors not running, does the gimbal still stay level. If it does then test to see if any vibration is shown on the video. If the video is okay then maybe you should not worry. From your description it probably isn't this though but I thought I would mention it.

Maybe a long very shot though.

Something else. I can do a gimbal calibration on the Go App. Can you do the same? Worth trying.
Thank you Mike. I have very noticeable side vibration movement. I have done all the calibrations, matched props to the motors and checked the vibrations with a meter. The vibration is at the top of the gimbal. I put my fingers on the top plate of the gimbal( not the mount ) and feel the vibrations and know for sure. I feel the motor running smooth and the vibration comes in cycles. That it is the source of my problem.

There is so much on yaw arm replacement, but no where can I find a yaw motor replacement. It is either so easy you don't need a guide or it is not replaced. You just buy the whole unit. That isn't right. There are yaw motors for sale for around $30. It's time for someone to make a video on it!

I have a vibration problem that is getting worse over the last 6 weeks. I have decreased the vibration of the p3s greatly in the quad itself, but the problem still exists in the camera. I tested it on the table with the props not turning but the p3s turned on. When I put my fingers on the gimbal mount that connects to the body of the p3s there is little vibration. Where the gimbal connect's to the plate below the isolators that is where the problem exists. It feels like an engine with a rough idle. At first smooth then the vibration. I'm thinking the yaw motor needs replaced. Not sure how to do it. Can't find a video on how to replace yaw motor. Your thoughts?
It could also be a bad pitch and roll board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik