Yaw - It's spinning itself!

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Very sure, check it out yourself. I think it was added 2 updates ago. I can kinda see a use for it if you want to yaw while flying straight but I only tried it once and it was too resposive. Might take a bit more practice.

You saying that the gyro does what colin mentioned in the youtube clip below?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs1tqqkvQ5A[/youtube]

I hope so. Gonna try this next flight...

Drifting issues.... Advance calibrate the IMU on a non-metallic platform, level and non-moving
Then perform the compass cal outside in a park without any metal, phones, keys, etc. near you

It's drifting indoors because you are indoors... No GPS signal to hold it in place

I have upgraded the dji assistant and upgraded to 3.06 and it still does it, I have recalibrated the compass and still no deal.
it seems to have happened from the upgrade to 3.04 onwards, note this is not a vision but a P2 with a Gopro, getting pretty pi$$ed off!!!

A failed coil will not allow the 3ph BLDC motor to continue.
As they are brushless, commutation must be done electronically.
There are a few techniques to do this but the motors employed here are 'sensorless' so a back EMF scheme is used to determine commutation (and thus rotation direction).
A missing phase would make this impossible.

Mako79 said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Very sure, check it out yourself. I think it was added 2 updates ago. I can kinda see a use for it if you want to yaw while flying straight but I only tried it once and it was too resposive. Might take a bit more practice.

You saying that the gyro does what colin mentioned in the youtube clip below?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs1tqqkvQ5A[/youtube]

I hope so. Gonna try this next flight...

I think we've been through this before.
I made the same comment and was corrected. Checked in the manual and found... (pg32 of Vision+ only mentions pitch)
It yaws and tilts in the Vision
It only tilts in the Vision+

Soulnet said:
Well i've recalibrated the controller and did the advanced imu on the bird. Seems to have itself sorted.

Can't tell fully if its worked 100% as it's drifting left a lot indoors but at least it's not spinning. Can't test it outside as it's after sunset and you can't fly RCs after sunset in Australia legally.

Can't do a lot of things in Australia legally... I take mine to my 'testing ground' after dark sometimes. It's a big open space, pitch black and no-one around. There's a couple of lighting towers (not on) so I stay above 60ft...

Flying High said:
Hi Mal_PV2_Ireland
Nope not that, I have a P2 with a Gopro not the vision or vision plus so not clipping the phone on, I used the DJI Assistant on a PC to recalibrate the sticks....
You mention you used the "DJI Assistant" to recalibrate the sticks. Just to be clear, there are TWO stick calibrations - one in the Phantom RC Assistant software, which connects from your PC to the Transmitter and should be done first, and then another stick calibration in the Phantom 2 Assistant software which connects from your PC to Phantom itself. Have you done both, in order?

I just managed to fix mine,
I noticed the compass was not changing on the on screen display, even when it had rotated 180 it was still telling me 0 deg.
I took it home and pulled the top of and checked everything, no loose wires or plugs so put it back together, I then connect the DJI Assistant and reset it to the default settings on the gains as I had changed the yaw gain to 40% to slow it down for filming, its now back at 125% and it sits solid as a rock again.
DJI says 30-300% but I guess 40% may be a bit low, I might experiment and keep dropping it back 10% at a time to see where it starts playing up and tweak it up a bit from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31