Yaw gimbal motor not working

Reaction score
So i tested out my new phantom 3s yesterday and the up and down bit of the gimbal didn't work not even a hint of movement is it the motor or a cable problem do you think

So i tested out my new phantom 3s yesterday and the up and down bit of the gimbal didn't work not even a hint of movement is it the motor or a cable problem do you think
Used or new,,,any friction when powered on,,or limp ,,,what colour gimble light,green or red.you could try rc stick calibration ,,with this process the gimble wheel gets turned left and right,,,it's under rc settings,follow onscreen prompt

Used or new,,,any friction when powered on,,or limp ,,,what colour gimble light,green or red.you could try rc stick calibration ,,with this process the gimble wheel gets turned left and right,,,it's under rc settings,follow onscreen prompt
It is limp when on gimbal light is green
Will try calibration tomorrow in morning and post result

I have the same problem. Tried calibrating the gimble but only got left and right movements, no up or down. Gimble light green. Camera limp when powered up. Couldn't find RC stick calibration but will try again later.

Found it, tried it, no change :(

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Tried calibrating the gimble but only got left and right movements, no up or down. Gimble light green. Camera limp when powered up. Couldn't find RC stick calibration but will try again later.

Found it, tried it, no change :(
Yes gimble wheel just go left and right in calibration but control up and down movement,if you reinstall app it might come right ,sometimes reinstall corect these issues,,green light good it shows it working.do you have cam view or black screen,even give it a fresh relinking,might wake it up,,possible ribbon cable issue but try all basics first

App is freshly reinstalled but will do it again. Cam view OK. Relink? do you mean relink the controller to the drone? I remember last flight last year ended landing on wet sand … cleaned it at the time and it worked OK then … maybe something to do with it.

App is freshly reinstalled but will do it again. Cam view OK. Relink? do you mean relink the controller to the drone? I remember last flight last year ended landing on wet sand … cleaned it at the time and it worked OK then … maybe something to do with it.
Yeh relink remote with drone , just ensure they have good pairing,still thinking on this one,got any friction when drone powered on at the yaw motor or is this very limp,another try is to release gimble mount rubbers and unplug main loom and reconect,,this does work for some,unsure why but worth a go

Yeh relink remote with drone , just ensure they have good pairing,still thinking on this one,got any friction when drone powered on at the yaw motor or is this very limp,another try is to release gimble mount rubbers and unplug main loom and reconect,,this does work for some,unsure why but worth a go
My yaw motor is completely limp with power on. I can't get the drop pins off and I have no spares. Can j use cable ties or do they not work as well

My yaw motor is completely limp with power on. I can't get the drop pins off and I have no spares. Can j use cable ties or do they not work as well
Drop pins have split end and need to be closed a fraction while pulling clear washer down,,long nose plyers worked for me,,not sure why limp,could be bad ribbon or yaw motor,,hard to say without trying parts,,you got green light which is good ,you could try ribbon set before changing motor,,make sure you don't just buy any,,buy through authorized dji seller or cheap ribbon set won't work,,they are ever so slightly different but look same,,the ribbon ends not quite match contact properly,,this why cheap sets not work to well,,,cable ties through your rubber grommets will work,might get slight cam vibration if to tight so experiment

Reactions: morgan5518
You can remove the washer from the anti-drop pins.
Push the washer further up onto the anti-drop pin (over the fatter part of the shaft) and leave it for a few minutes. This expands the "jaws" slightly.
Then QUICKLY slide it back down over the tip.

It's been a few years since I did it, so I cannot recall if I used pliers or just my fingers.

Reactions: morgan5518

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik