WWYD?

Reaction score
What Would You Do? I purchase the Fatshark P2 goggles and I am thinking about getting a 7" monitor. Would you A buy a monitor w/o a receiver (plug goggle in thru RCA) or B buy a black pearl monitor with a receiver? I Phantom 2 w/gimbal. This. will all be for filming.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monitor if you're planning on using it as a filming tool. Goggles if you plan on using it as a FPV setup more for fun.

As far as I'm concerned goggles are a nice toy but not practical for flight.
You need to be aware of what is around the bird.
Goggles only let you see what the camera is seeing.

I would go with the Black Pearl.

I just switched from the FatShark goggle to the Black Pearl with the 5.8ghz built in, and it's a world of difference. The Goggles are neat but impractical for flying. You do need to see what's around, even if it's a long distance.

The Black Pearl is awesome, and really makes the flying fun again, at least for me.

Eric

ethover said:
I would go with the Black Pearl.

I just switched from the FatShark goggle to the Black Pearl with the 5.8ghz built in, and it's a world of difference. The Goggles are neat but impractical for flying. You do need to see what's around, even if it's a long distance.

The Black Pearl is awesome, and really makes the flying fun again, at least for me.

Eric

wasn't it fun with the goggles?

ethover said:
It was fun, but cumbersome. Hard to explain I guess.

Eric
Agree with the cumbersome part. Hate when I take the goggles off and think I am looking in the direction of the quad and it's not there.

So I ordered the the blackpearl today from troybuiltmodels.com out of Florida. The guy Bill there was very helpful. Also bought the osd mini from atlantahobby.com. Those guys there are awesome.

extrememc said:
So I ordered the the blackpearl today from troybuiltmodels.com out of Florida. The guy Bill there was very helpful. Also bought the osd mini from atlantahobby.com. Those guys there are awesome.

so,you got the last one?

never mind,called and ordered non listed model.

thanks for the info.

nwillitts said:
extrememc said:

so,you got the last one?
I order the one with the battery $219.00 its not listed on their website. Call them 941-342-8685.

just got mine via brown truck,very happy to see that no antenna adapters required for my fat shark antennas!
YIPPEE!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.