Wtf, why doesn't my v3 have ventilation holes in wifi module

Re: Wtf, why doesn't my v3 have ventilation holes in wifi mo

eyecon82 said:
happydays said:
rickasaurus said:
I am not supporting DJI on this or taking any position on the rights or wrongs. I simply wanted to explain how some people could have vented wifi units and some not, on what is ostensibly the same product. It is common practice among manufacturers, including non-Chinese ones!

I'm with you on that one. What many people seem unable to grasp is that DJI are a commercial company (as most are). They're out to make profits, and they do that by constantly developing new and innovative products which they then sell to new and existing customers. They probably buy in components from many different suppliers - even for the same parts. Imagine if they have a large consignment of (let's say v2.0 ESCs) just arrived in. And the R&D department announce a new model of one component - let's say ESC V2.1. What do you expect DJI to do with all the 2.0s? Throw them away? Don't forget that they are a company who are in business with one objective - to make money. Why throw stock away?

That's why there are V3s with holed wifi modules, unholed modules, 2.0 ESCs, 2.1 ESCs ad many, many other components in as many possible combinations as you care to think about.

And we only know about 2 components recently ESCs and wifi modules. What about motherboards; or GPS units; or batteries - or any other component? Are there consistencies there? I think not!

And just because something isn't made in the US doesn't make it shite. Most things that I own weren't made in the US and they're pretty good actually. Including all of my DJI products.

Made in USA does not equal wonderful quality automatically. Look at the automotive industry. US motors have a terrible reputation in Europe for appalling build quality. And have had for many, many years.

There will always be development in complicated electronic products. There always was and there always will be. Does anyone seriously think that all Apple iPhones contain the exact same internal components?
You have the same mindset as GM.

"Just let products keep failing till we get sued"

These are $1000 flying machines with the potential to kill someone. A bug in an iPhone isn't going to hurt or kill anyone. Horrible analogy man.

You can't go about sticking random parts in it to increase profits. I understand this is capitalism, but it will be their downfall.

All it will take Is 1 death and 1 lawsuit when a quad drops from the sky killing someone because they wanted to use up old inventory
+1

Especially when dji even comes and says their old ESC's aren't compatible in the new motors, yet they still use them?

Does anyone else not see what is wrong here?

BlackTracer said:
What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Factory Area.
Fly: WTF? Are you old enough to work here?
DJI Assembler: F U you stupid American fly. There is no minimum age requirement in China. Go home and stop worrying.
Fly: Wait. Why are all those quads being boxed up without being tested or inspected?
DJI QC: F U stupid American fly. We only test and inspect every 20th one. You think we have time and money to check every one? Hahahahahahahaha! You stupid foreigners will buy them anyway, inspected, tested or otherwise.
Fly: Did I just see you assemble the same quads with different parts? That is totally unacceptable!
DJI President: Just shut up and give me your credit card number.

Best post I've ever read here.

Has anyone opened up the vented units and seen if they have changed the paste? Or is it still the white paste?

b68zd0.jpg

russianfront said:
That's a new motor. You can tell by the windings and the top screw along with thinner wires

There just is no consistency in anything to work with. I would love to have a solution for every problem but with 5 different? esc's plus different flashing, different batteries causing different errors, firmware failing bricking gimbals, Batteries not upgrading-bricking, Camera Gimbal interference, wifi modules flashed differently with lower output.... It goes on and on. Where does it end? Is the Inspire the answer?

burlbark said:
There just is no consistency in anything to work with. I would love to have a solution for every problem but with 5 different? esc's plus different flashing, different batteries causing different errors, firmware failing bricking gimbals, Batteries not upgrading-bricking, Camera Gimbal interference, wifi modules flashed differently with lower output.... It goes on and on. Where does it end? Is the Inspire the answer?

The answer is that we all stop buying this junk from China. They will smarten up real quick-like.

There very well may not even be a new Phantom and they could just continue the inspire line. The Phantom 2 vision plus has been a huge mistake they keep trying to fix and keep screwing up

eyecon82 said:
There very well may not even be a new Phantom and they could just continue the inspire line. The Phantom 2 vision plus has been a huge mistake they keep trying to fix and keep screwing up

Unfortunately dji is the lesser of evils. Its like choosing a rotten apple or a mouldy orange when you're starving... until someone refines the market, then DJI had nothing to worry about. I was going to steer towards parrot bebop but you should see the reviews is getting.

Mako79 said:
eyecon82 said:

Unfortunately dji is the lesser of evils. Its like choosing a rotten apple or a mouldy orange when you're starving... until someone refines the market, then DJI had nothing to worry about. I was going to steer towards parrot bebop but you should see the reviews is getting.
I'm hoping gopro will make dji irrelevant

Green_Phantom said:
Build your own. Problem solved.

Hey, it's Mr know it all again! Good to see you back

so if the latest version has holes in whats the purpose of the copper tape around the 2 halves ?
i dont see the point

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers