WTB - Practice Phantom 3 or 4

Reaction score
Looking to buy a Phantom 3 or 4 that I can teach my son to fly without being overly mad if/when he has a few rough landings. Doesn’t need a camera or to be cosmetically perfect as it’s a practice drone.

Budget - $100-$125 shipped to 46037

Thanks!

I highly doubt that you will find one in flyable condition in that price range. Why not just get a Syma or similar drone. They all fly basically the same manner manually. The only difference in a practice scenario would be the GPS stability.

Agreeing. I got my g-son a cheap Wal-Mart Viper. Taught him control. Not as worried when his hands are on my bird now with the added 'security' of GPS. Learn/teach cheap my friend.

Also agree. That's a very low budget and even with no camera, a nasty crash could still be expensive to repair with P3 - or possibly even make it a write-off.

Maybe not but worth a shot...I’ve looked at one locally that was in good used shape for $225 (bought my first used one for $250) so I wouldn’t think it would be too far fetched to find one that had a bit of a rough landing or three (maybe missing the camera or broken camera) for half that.

But that's an auction with still more than a day to go. As you probably know, interested bidders often come in at the last moment... Be interesting to see though.:)

I bought a 'litchi mule' P3S for £269 on Ebay, it came with 3 spare batteries (one of which appears to have four cycles), a case, spare charger, so it was a no-brainer.

I use it for Litchi / Pix4d capture and letting friends/family 'have a go' - leaves my P3A for me :)

I recently did a short intro to drones to a Photography club. I brought in not only 4 or 5 DJI drones, but also a few small ones off amazon. IMO, the best purchase someone can make who doesn't fly a drone is a cheap one with no gps or camera and learn how to fly it reliably. Once you can take off, maneuver around in a controlled manner, and land on a sheet of paper, that's when you can successfully move up to an expensive drone.

By the way, they loved it! A few of them went out and bought one the next day!

Robert

We have three cheap Amazon drones (no GPS) and he does amazing with them. I’m not ready to go from a $60 drone to a $700 drone though.

We have three cheap Amazon drones (no GPS) and he does amazing with them. I’m not ready to go from a $60 drone to a $700 drone though.
You are not going to find a Phantom 3 or 4 in that price range. I suggest looking at a Phantom 2+

Got one AC P3s from eBay for $140.00
Looked brand new
No camera battery controller etc
Got a controller from same seller for 50.00

Had it flying in 5 min

If u want seller name let me no

Bought my son a Hubsan 501s. I’m having more fun than he is modifying and flying it. So many user upgradeable parts and easy fixes/mods. Great flyer and has GPS. Around $200 new

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl