WTB Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Flex cable

I was hoping that it was the flex cable too. I've never heard of the 'gimbal gyroscope error' before.

Hopefully someone here has dealt with that error, and has a solution to offer.

Maybe you could contact some of the highly recommended DJI repair shops there and in the US for their advice. They may have a solution or suggestion that solves this issue. Good luck Chris. Let us know how it goes. [emoji106]
Yah, I thought it was that too and was hoping to have my P3 Standard back in the air. It now seems like it is either the PCB in the camera or in the gimbal base.

Getting a repair shop to look at it is an option but I would likely have to drive to Toronto area (an hour to an hour and a half away) and the diagnosis and repair would likely be more than I am willing to spend on my P3S. I will keep watching eBay for some parts, however I find the parts prices for the P3 way overpriced. Some used P3 Standards on eBay are going for more than I paid for mine new!

In the meantime, I will continue to use my P3 Standard for light painting as it doesn't require the camera. Also, I picked up a Mavic Mini FMC on the Amazon Prime Day deals for the price of just the AC. I was waiting to open it to see how the repair of my P3 went and was considering returning it but now have decided to keep it. I know it's no P3 Standard but it has a 2.7K camera and long flight times (haven't flown it yet). One of the things I miss from my P3 was just being able to go up, take my time and explore an area to look for photo opportunities. With my Spark this is hard because of the short flight time.

Chris

Yep, I know what you mean Chris. I've got 2 standards myself that I got w-a-y back when it first came out. They are not as fancy as those on the market today, but they serve my purpose of local exploring. Can't justify upgrading to something else, just don't have the time to enjoy it.

Maybe if you look thru the forums (DJI Forum too) you might find topics on the 'gimbal gyroscope error' that you are having. Either that, or start a thread on the subject and see if anyone can offer a solution. Gotta be somebody out there that has had that same error message, and fixed the issue.

Yep, I know what you mean Chris. I've got 2 standards myself that I got w-a-y back when it first came out. They are not as fancy as those on the market today, but they serve my purpose of local exploring. Can't justify upgrading to something else, just don't have the time to enjoy it.

Maybe if you look thru the forums (DJI Forum too) you might find topics on the 'gimbal gyroscope error' that you are having. Either that, or start a thread on the subject and see if anyone can offer a solution. Gotta be somebody out there that has had that same error message, and fixed the issue.
I have done a bit of research on the gyroscope error and it seems the problem is either on the camera PCB or the main one in the base of the gimbal. @KachemakDiver is sending me a camera head to try, so hopefully that will work.

Winter is beginning to take hold here - the temps are starting to dip below 0C and there is snow in the forecast for next week. I fly year round and the P3S has been a solid performer even in temps below -25C so I really would like to get it working again.

Chris

Still trying to figure out my P3 Standard gimbal problem. I tried a third non-OEM flex cable and still have the same problem. Everything works except the limp gimbal.

I took off the OEM one from KachemakDiver very carefully so that I could put it back on if I need too.

Not giving up yet. Does anyone know where the gimbal gyroscope is located so that I can try to get another part to try?

Chris

Reactions: 10X
Still trying to figure out my P3 Standard gimbal problem. I tried a third non-OEM flex cable and still have the same problem. Everything works except the limp gimbal.

I took off the OEM one from KachemakDiver very carefully so that I could put it back on if I need too.

Not giving up yet. Does anyone know where the gimbal gyroscope is located so that I can try to get another part to try?

Chris

Back in 2016 my P3 had camera issues, and I sent it to ATK Drones in Salt Lake City (Murray) Utah. They diagnosed the issue, repaired, and tested it and sent it back to me. Has worked perfectly since that time.

Maybe if you contact them they can give you some advice on repairs or gimbal replacement. I'd imagine they've dealt with the dreaded 'gimbal gyroscope error' before.

They do ship internationally and use DHL.

Reactions: blackhawks1324
Back in 2016 my P3 had camera issues, and I sent it to ATK Drones in Salt Lake City (Murray) Utah. They diagnosed the issue, repaired, and tested it and sent it back to me. Has worked perfectly since that time.

Maybe if you contact them they can give you some advice on repairs or gimbal replacement. I'd imagine they've dealt with the dreaded 'gimbal gyroscope error' before.

They do ship internationally and use DHL.
Thanks for the info. If I can’t get it repaired myself, I may bring it to a local repair shop. Sending it to Utah would probably cost more than I am willing to pay.

Thanks Chris

Yeah, I know the feeling. But, all they'd need is the gimbal/camera assembly. They shouldn't cost too much to ship. I'd call them Monday anyway and see what shakes out.

DDS (Djidroneservice) in Hillside NJ used to have free shipping each direction. I guess they still do. Not sure if this includes the Great White North though. They'd be a contact too if I was having drone issues.

Yeah, I know the feeling. But, all they'd need is the gimbal/camera assembly. They shouldn't cost too much to ship. I'd call them Monday anyway and see what shakes out.

DDS (Djidroneservice) in Hillside NJ used to have free shipping each direction. I guess they still do. Not sure if this includes the Great White North though. They'd be a contact too if I was having drone issues.
Thanks, I’ll keep all my options open. Have read lots of recommendations for DDS. I think the free shipping is only for the US though.

Chris

Update,
I ended up ordering a camera/gimbal assembly off eBay from China. It took 23 days to get here, surprisingly sooner than I thought and was very well packed. The camera/gimbal was not in as good condition cosmetically as my original one but I knew that was the case from the listing. I installed it, re-linked it to my controller and ran a gimbal calibration and everything seems to be working fine so I am pleased so far. Tomorrow if the weather is good, I'll go out and try it out to test the camera/gimbal out as well as the SD card slot. Feels good to have my P3S 'back' again.

Happy Holidays everyone

Chris

Thanks for the update. Hopefully the replacement camera/gimbal will solve your issues.

Been too busy lately to even think about charging up the birds and fly some. I need to change that. 'All work and no play.....' as they say.......[emoji37]

Best wishes for a safe, healthy holiday season[emoji319]........and beyond [emoji106]

Reactions: Chrislaf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic