WTB Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal Flex cable

Reaction score
Looking for a Phantom 3 Standard gimbal Flex cable (part # 85). It needs to be an original DJI cable and can be new or used but working.

I’m located in Ontario Canada. Message me or post if you have one and your price.

Thanks Chris

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Roger. Yes US. The one listed had all the right wording to show dji brand, not knokoff. Didn’t say ‘for’ P3. Says DJI P3 ribbon part#85. If not oem they are lying.
Googled a few original DJI p3s ribbons on the internet but surprisingly not on eBay. Even showed the dji packaging.
Good luck

Roger. Yes US. The one listed had all the right wording to show dji brand, not knokoff. Didn’t say ‘for’ P3. Says DJI P3 ribbon part#85. If not oem they are lying.
Googled a few original DJI p3s ribbons on the internet but surprisingly not on eBay. Even showed the dji packaging.
Good luck
Thanks anyway. I do appreciate you trying to help. Too bad Walmart.ca doesn’t sell drone repair parts.

Chris

Yeah Chris.......I'm still looking too. May get one myself if I find the correct OEM DJI part #85.

Even took a screenshot pic of the OEM cable numbers to compare with those I find since most 'look' the same. [emoji106]

Last edited:
If I can’t find an OEM one, I may try an after market cable and hope I get one that works.

Prices for aftermarket ones are reasonable whereas some of the prices I have been quoted for original ones have been way more than I am willing to pay.

Chris

If I can’t find an OEM one, I may try an after market cable and hope I get one that works.

Prices for aftermarket ones are reasonable whereas some of the prices I have been quoted for original ones have been way more than I am willing to pay.

Chris
I have a brand new OEM DJI one.If you still need one, let me know.

I have a brand new OEM DJI one.If you still need one, let me know.
Thanks for the offer. How much would you be asking for it?
I have an aftermarket one coming and it should be here this week. The EBay seller has 99.9% positive feedback and the listing said that the cable was 100% tested, so we’ll see how it goes. I am hopeful, but I know most aftermarket ones don’t work, and sourcing an original cable has been a challenge. I’ve only had one offer for an original cable but the seller wanted way more than I am willing to pay.

Chris

Thanks for the offer. How much would you be asking for it?
I have an aftermarket one coming and it should be here this week. The EBay seller has 99.9% positive feedback and the listing said that the cable was 100% tested, so we’ll see how it goes. I am hopeful, but I know most aftermarket ones don’t work, and sourcing an original cable has been a challenge. I’ve only had one offer for an original cable but the seller wanted way more than I am willing to pay.

Chris
I got the cable in a bulk parts purchase, so how would $10.00 US sound?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 157
That has the exact same part number as my original cable. How about I let you know by the end of this week. Hopefully the eBay one will have arrived.

That price is very reasonable and I would definitely buy it if the eBay one doesn’t work.

Chris

That has the exact same part number as my original cable. How about I let you know by the end of this week. Hopefully the eBay one will have arrived.

That price is very reasonable and I would definitely buy it if the eBay one doesn’t work.

Chris

If I were you Chris, I'd get it anyway. Aren't too many true OEM's left out there.

Reactions: Droneted
If I were you Chris, I'd get it anyway. Aren't too many true OEM's left out there.
I thought of doing that because I’m not too confident the eBay one will work. The only reason I thought I’d wait is because if it does work then there is a cable for someone else to use. Maybe I’ll buy the one off of KachemakDiver just in case.

I thought of doing that because I’m not too confident the eBay one will work. The only reason I thought I’d wait is because if it does work then there is a cable for someone else to use. Maybe I’ll buy the one off of KachemakDiver just in case.

Yep. As flimsy as they are, it's good to have a spare.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I had to get one a few days ago for pro/adv and found an oem DJI one for $10.00 on Ebay, seeing most other oem ones for ~$40-$50 i think got a good deal. It appears i have bad gimbal M.B too though.:cry:

I had to get one a few days ago for pro/adv and found an oem DJI one for $10.00 on Ebay, seeing most other oem ones for ~$40-$50 i think got a good deal. It appears i have bad gimbal M.B too though.:cry:
Hopefully it is just the cable and not the M.B too.
That’s what I’m worried about - that I have more than just the cable problem.

Chris

Reactions: quadrotor
An Update:

Today I got an original brand new flex cable from KachemakDiver and installed it on my P3S gimbal. I was expecting the gimbal to snap back to life but it just hung there limp just as before. And like before, I had video feed. So it appears I have more of a problem, than just my gimbal flex cable as this is the second replacement and nothing has changed. I get a "Gimbal Gyroscope error" just like before.

I'm not sure what my next step would be, but I do know that I do not want to put much more money into a 4 year old P3S.

In retrospect, other things point to something more than just the gimbal cable as there was a gradual failure in whatever component has failed. The original gimbal cable I replaced had no sign of any damage. Thinking back I started having problems in late July/early August when I noticed wobble through the camera on one of my flights.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to post them here.

Thanks,

Chris

I was hoping that it was the flex cable too. I've never heard of the 'gimbal gyroscope error' before.

Hopefully someone here has dealt with that error, and has a solution to offer.

Maybe you could contact some of the highly recommended DJI repair shops there and in the US for their advice. They may have a solution or suggestion that solves this issue. Good luck Chris. Let us know how it goes. [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.