WTB: P3P ND Filter Set

Reaction score
Looking to buy a set of used ND filters for my P3P. The new ones on Amazon are over what I can spend at the moment. I figure since lots of you are selling their P3's going onto the P4, you may want to part out your ND sets.

Thanks in advance.

If the camera has the same diameter lens then the filters can be used on the P4. If budget is the issue, then don't buy the over-priced versions. Why not consider a cheaper set:

Altura 37mm ND2/4/8 $10.99

K&F ND2/4/8/UV/CPL $25.49

Neewer ND2/4/8 $9.50

Many, many options and I suspect at least some of these are comparable to the ones cost much, much more. I noticed the Neewer is one of the sets PhantomHelp is evaluating.

Didn't realize you can purchase any 37mm set. I thought the P3 ones were specially made for the Phantoms. Thanks for correcting me, I'll take a look at my options.

Didn't realize you can purchase any 37mm set. I thought the P3 ones were specially made for the Phantoms. Thanks for correcting me, I'll take a look at my options.

I haven't ever put a filter on my new P3P. I am assuming the Phantom is a standard 37mm thread based on what I have read here. There is another string here about a guy die-cutting 37mm filters that are put in the current lens frame.

Im pretty sure you can not use just ANY 37mm set, Most come with threads on the outside, the sense on the P3 need to be on the inside. And yes, you can find die cut plastic ND filters, they will work in a pinch, and cheep. But are a pain to swap out and if your in the field, I guarantee your gonna get dust/dirt between the uv glass and the die.

Most filters I have used have the threads on both sides of the lens, ie. male on one side and female on the other side. A ND lens won't care if it is coming or going :) Frankly, I haven't looked at that part of my new drone yet, but I will as I will also be in the market for a set of ND filters but won't pay $25 each :(

Well if you find any sets you like, let me know and thanks DJGoogone for the advice on the thread. I did not know this either.

I'll comment here, not because I'm looking to sell more filters, but because I partially disagree with djgoogone's post. I don't think the cheap plastic filters are any more of a pain to install or have any increased chance of trapping dirt or dust in the field than any screw on aftermarket nd filter. Can it happen in those conditions? Absolutely! But not any easier than the polar pro which cost a lot more. My only issue with the cheap plastic filters (that I produce) is you have to be more attentive to avoid fingerprints on the filter.

Solution, I wear a nitrile glove. Granted, that is a bit of a pain in the ***, it's much less of a pain than paying $189 for what i can do for $13.50. I'll stick with my nitrile glove and keep my money in the bank, but hey, to each his own!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'll comment here, not because I'm looking to sell more filters, but because I partially disagree with djgoogone's post. I don't think the cheap plastic filters are any more of a pain to install or have any increased chance of trapping dirt or dust in the field than any screw on aftermarket nd filter. Can it happen in those conditions? Absolutely! But not any easier than the polar pro which cost a lot more. My only issue with the cheap plastic filters (that I produce) is you have to be more attentive to avoid fingerprints on the filter.

Solution, I wear a nitrile glove. Granted, that is a bit of a pain in the ***, it's much less of a pain than paying $189 for what i can do for $13.50. I'll stick with my nitrile glove and keep my money in the bank, but hey, to each his own!

Not that I am dogging the plastic/gel filters (It's what I have at the moment) I just feel they are 'disposable' at best. In all honesty, I'll probably get another set of gel filters before I break down and invest in a set of PolarPros.

Not that I am dogging the plastic/gel filters (It's what I have at the moment) I just feel they are 'disposable' at best. In all honesty, I'll probably get another set of gel filters before I break down and invest in a set of PolarPros.

I agree completely with you....except with calling polar pros an investment.....lol

There are 2 sets for sale here.

And no, you cannot just use any 37mm filters. The threads are backwards on the DJI Phantom (when compared to a 37mm DSLR camera lens).

Phantom 3 Variable lens filters (ND + CPL)

Ditzco ND Filter 3-Pack Kit

Thanks for clarifying that. I looked at a variable ND but it would weigh more but I don't know how much more.

Is Polar Pro "best" because it is most expensive or has a true lens evaluation done? Waiting for PhantomHelp to do his comparison.

College, I got your filters, I haven't had a chance to put them on, but pardon my ignorance, these should be just as good as the any other mid-range set?

Can you get the lens rings, empty or with glass in them and then insert your lenses in them so there isn't a need to touch the lens itself? BTW, when working with negatives, slides, and lenses, I use cotton gloves made for darkroom use. More comfy and can be reused.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl