Wow. Love my Sunhans on P3S

Evidently you've never had your drone dip out of signal lock even when close by... The amps penetrate and keep the signal strong even with object blockage. I didn't get the amps really for long distances (although it really does help) I got them to keep in contact, have full control and have uninterrupted video feed at all times.
Got what you said, had that experience when I upgraded to the DBS mod with the signal being a lot more solid and trustworthy with my P3S. It was just my understanding that the P3A/P3P with the control frequency being lower (better) and the better lightbridge technology for the video signal that losing signal with the Drone was a non-issue within normal operating ranges.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So the second 2.4 arrived with no SMA wire. Not happy about that.
Had to source another one which I just got yesterday. I have not fully tested the DBS with the two 2.4s. I did run all three amps though, but my second 2.4 I hooked up to the 6dbi pole that came with the Sunhans. Performance was actually worse! Video choppy from ~2000ft to ~6500ft. I came to find it was a "wavelength issue". Let's not underestimate the power of the DBS!

I'll report back after I test.
I did also get a new toy; a beautiful custom 5.8 helical. :)
I'll be testing that too.

Basically, if you just buy one 2.4 and one 5.8 and the DBS, you'll be happy.
Is that the coil looking thing? Fpvlr or something? Can that antenna be plugged into where the Itelite panels plug into basically giving you the option to just switch between the coils or panels?

Is that the coil looking thing? Fpvlr or something? Can that antenna be plugged into where the Itelite panels plug into basically giving you the option to just switch between the coils or panels?

Ah the coil thingy is a custom made helical antenna a guy on here made for me. Awesome dude and makes solid quality work!
I saw good results with both this and the DBS. Only difference was the helical was more directional.

Achieved 3.1 miles (5,088 metres) out and 3.1 miles return - total 10,176 metres and all over water - using a similar setup - Alfa M04 & M25 antennas plus 2 x 2.5w 2.4ghz and 1 x 2w 5.8ghz Sunhans boosters. Thanks for the knowledge View attachment 97089

Last edited:
Achieved 3.1 miles (5,088 metres) out and 3.1 miles return - total 10,176 metres and all over water - using a similar setup - Alfa M04 & M25 antennas plus 2 x 2.5w 2.4ghz and 1 x 2w 5.8ghz Sunhans boosters. Encountered winds on way back and managed to crash land it safely into scrub on land as the auto landing commenced. Thanks for the knowledge View attachment 97089
For future reference, Autolanding can be superceded by using full up left throttle, which will not only prevent descension, but will also allow further ascension, while you continue flight and maneuvering with the right stick back to the Home Point. No need for crash landings unless the battery shuts off in midair, which it won't do at 10% remaining, and never will until 1% or less unless a single cell drops below 3.0V. :cool:

Reactions: Rohanm
For future reference, Autolanding can be superceded by using full up left throttle, which will not only prevent descension, but will also allow further ascension, while you continue flight and maneuvering with the right stick back to the Home Point. No need for crash landings unless the battery shuts off in midair, which it won't do at 10% remaining, and never will until 1% or less unless a single cell drops below 3.0V. :cool:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj