Wow. Love my Sunhans on P3S

No aids, I have no luck with windsurfer lol

I was happy when I got 4200 feet upstate, this was very surprising. Can't wait to take the P3A there but it's no coincidence she stopped as soon as she got to the houses

No aids, I have no luck with windsurfer lol

I was happy when I got 4200 feet upstate, this was very surprising. Can't wait to take the P3A there but it's no coincidence she stopped as soon as she got to the houses

You only got 4200 upstate but 5k+ in NYC? Odd
Must have been the houses or power lines?

Or you found the one area in NYC that we should be flying. lol

NYC fight was over water almost the whole time. I only got a couple houses in once I reached the shore on the other side of the bay.

Upstate flight went over a small lake, then up a hill. There were some houses on the other side and trees that probably got in the way. If I had to guess, I'd say it was about 50/50 lake and land

10,563ft today at 365ft altitude.

Flew off from house deck about 1/4 mile inland and over about 50 wifi's on the way to the coastline.

Once I had a good locked signal it was pretty much full bar flying all the way out. I came back because of battery. Not because I used half on the way out, I was doing some inland passes for five minutes or so prior.

Was pretty impressed. I think that if I took off from the boardwalk with a full battery I would have seen 3+ miles easy. May need to test that out tomorrow.

The view back when I turned around was amazing!

610170b22aaa50a9a1d66bbe48c812fd_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I ordered a second Silver Sunhans 2.4 amp to boost the other 2.4 video port.

I've been having issues with loosing my video signal before control signal. So I figured what the heck. Package arriving later this week. I'll give it a test run this weekend to see what type of gain I am seeing. Hope it will be worth the extra weight!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1800BigRob
I ordered a second Silver Sunhans 2.4 amp to boost the other 2.4 video port.

I've been having issues with loosing my video signal before control signal. So I figured what the heck. Package arriving later this week. I'll give it a test run this weekend to see what type of gain I am seeing. Hope it will be worth the extra weight!

Let us know how you go. As just about to order both 2.4 and 5.8. Seeing if I should just get another 2.4 while at it.

Let us know how you go. As just about to order both 2.4 and 5.8. Seeing if I should just get another 2.4 while at it.

So the second 2.4 arrived with no SMA wire. Not happy about that.
Had to source another one which I just got yesterday. I have not fully tested the DBS with the two 2.4s. I did run all three amps though, but my second 2.4 I hooked up to the 6dbi pole that came with the Sunhans. Performance was actually worse! Video choppy from ~2000ft to ~6500ft. I came to find it was a "wavelength issue". Let's not underestimate the power of the DBS!

I'll report back after I test.
I did also get a new toy; a beautiful custom 5.8 helical. :)
I'll be testing that too.

Basically, if you just buy one 2.4 and one 5.8 and the DBS, you'll be happy.

So the second 2.4 arrived with no SMA wire. Not happy about that.
Had to source another one which I just got yesterday. I have not fully tested the DBS with the two 2.4s. I did run all three amps though, but my second 2.4 I hooked up to the 6dbi pole that came with the Sunhans. Performance was actually worse! Video choppy from ~2000ft to ~6500ft. I came to find it was a "wavelength issue". Let's not underestimate the power of the DBS!

I'll report back after I test.
I did also get a new toy; a beautiful custom 5.8 helical. :)
I'll be testing that too.

Basically, if you just buy one 2.4 and one 5.8 and the DBS, you'll be happy.
I added a 2 watt amp to the 5.8 GHz side and got out to 2500 meters, but to be up front I've been out to 2200 once before the amp. Now my concern is the wifi 2.4 GHz side I'm having issues with. Just tried a 2.5 watt amp on that side and lost one bar in the signal reading very soon (around 500m) but did get out to 1900 meters before the "weak image" message would keep coming up and the bar signal reading was really low, like one bar. How can added a amp to one side of the wifi port give me less distance? In the very same spot I did that 2500 meters with only a 2 watt amp the the 5.8 Mhz and just the un-boosted DBS on the wifi side. I guess this didn't happen to you? Also how did using two 2.4 GHz amps work out once connected to the DBS ?

I added a 2 watt amp to the 5.8 GHz side and got out to 2500 meters, but to be up front I've been out to 2200 once before the amp. Now my concern is the wifi 2.4 GHz side I'm having issues with. Just tried a 2.5 watt amp on that side and lost one bar in the signal reading very soon (around 500m) but did get out to 1900 meters before the "weak image" message would keep coming up and the bar signal reading was really low, like one bar. How can added a amp to one side of the wifi port give me less distance? In the very same spot I did that 2500 meters with only a 2 watt amp the the 5.8 Mhz and just the un-boosted DBS on the wifi side. I guess this didn't happen to you? Also how did using two 2.4 GHz amps work out once connected to the DBS ?

I've come to learn that your aim is really important. That and surrounding interference.

I've had RTH at 5000ft and not far away had 4 miles and came back because of battery.

Aim well and you may find your distances will fluctuate and some will be good.
Make sure your battery is sufficiently charged and powering the amps.

Sunhaus saves babies from burning buildings and can usually make your teeth whiter.

Bought my P3S about four weeks ago. Loved it. Wanted more distance quickly though. Had the thought most had, "why didn't I buy the Advanced or Pro?" Well I did not and thought I'd make the most of it. Plus, I like to tinker. :)
I bought DJI because frankly, this was my first high quality UAV, and I wanted to get my feet wet so to say before going all out.

A week into ownership, I ordered the ITELITE DBS antenna and an extra battery of course.
Not bad but left me wanting more. I live in a busy suburb area of NYC with tons of wifi and high power lines. I'd be getting the "Warning, strong interference..." Pop up all the time and the. Signal lost & disconnect happened a bit about 1500-2000 feet out. I did get about 2300 feet and felt okay about it.

Ordered the Sunhans. Man. I just installed them tonight and took a quick 10 min buzz to test it out. Made it almost 4000 feet with crystal clear signal and control. No lost signal, disconnects, and maybe one interference pop up. Maybe?
It was pretty amazing and I cannot wait to push this thing to see how far it goes.

Going on vacation in the Carolinas soon. Planning to buzz around the coastline around sun up/down to look for sharks. :)

Here is my work. I found limited documentation on the Internet for boosting the p3s with amps.
If anyone that comes across this has questions let me know. Glad to help out.

345b2fd539a0648f84145e1d45954800.jpg

7762a99c6883e72a50dc5e962c0f848f.jpg

605c6c647f3643b2b30ec0ff3bca8dcc.jpg

ada3f9ca45f79ca846e1c424d5171f36.jpg

Well I agree with CaptRog, you just pushed me over the edge. I have a P3P and have been looking at the Sunhans as well. Do you think I am a candidate? Check out a pic of my current set up. Also, see my post I am going to put below, you may find it interesting :)
Flew My First Litchi Mission!!!

Well I agree with CaptRog, you just pushed me over the edge. I have a P3P and have been looking at the Sunhans as well. Do you think I am a candidate? Check out a pic of my current set up. Also, see my post I am going to put below, you may find it interesting :)
Once you get a Sunhaus, you'll never want to fly without it. Signal penetration and range are outstanding. Make sure to pair it with good antennas.

Bought my P3S about four weeks ago. Loved it. Wanted more distance quickly though. Had the thought most had, "why didn't I buy the Advanced or Pro?" Well I did not and thought I'd make the most of it. Plus, I like to tinker. :)
I bought DJI because frankly, this was my first high quality UAV, and I wanted to get my feet wet so to say before going all out.

A week into ownership, I ordered the ITELITE DBS antenna and an extra battery of course.
Not bad but left me wanting more. I live in a busy suburb area of NYC with tons of wifi and high power lines. I'd be getting the "Warning, strong interference..." Pop up all the time and the. Signal lost & disconnect happened a bit about 1500-2000 feet out. I did get about 2300 feet and felt okay about it.

Ordered the Sunhans. Man. I just installed them tonight and took a quick 10 min buzz to test it out. Made it almost 4000 feet with crystal clear signal and control. No lost signal, disconnects, and maybe one interference pop up. Maybe?
It was pretty amazing and I cannot wait to push this thing to see how far it goes.

Going on vacation in the Carolinas soon. Planning to buzz around the coastline around sun up/down to look for sharks. :)

Here is my work. I found limited documentation on the Internet for boosting the p3s with amps.
If anyone that comes across this has questions let me know. Glad to help out.

345b2fd539a0648f84145e1d45954800.jpg

7762a99c6883e72a50dc5e962c0f848f.jpg

605c6c647f3643b2b30ec0ff3bca8dcc.jpg

ada3f9ca45f79ca846e1c424d5171f36.jpg

You got me over the edge, sorry this pic didn't make it on my previous post

Attachments

• 20161101_202945.jpg
    20161101_202945.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 209
Yes, you have everything needed BUT a sunhaus, Plan a square flight say at 200 feet alt. around your house out a bit, say 3,000 feet out. Fly it, get healthy drone signal map results. Get sunhaus amps. Re-fly the same test mission, compare signal map results...

Personal not understanding way anyone with an advance or professional Phantom would need amps. You should already be going at such a range with that set up that your battery is already at its limit for the duration of such a long range even as stock. The Standard's range is much shorter so therefore the battery issue does not pertain in the stock set up, and amps help balance that out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personal not understanding way anyone with an advance or professional Phantom would need amps. You should already be going at such a range with that set up that your battery is already at its limit for the duration of such a long range even as stock. The Standard's range is much shorter so therefore the battery issue does not pertain in the stock set up, and amps help balance that out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Evidently you've never had your drone dip out of signal lock even when close by... The amps penetrate and keep the signal strong even with object blockage. I didn't get the amps really for long distances (although it really does help) I got them to keep in contact, have full control and have uninterrupted video feed at all times.

Reactions: longdog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20