Work Horse

Reaction score
I have had my PHP 4 now for 4 years, in that time I have flown it in deserts, from beaches, off cliffs, over Spanish castles and the English countryside. I have flown it over frozen waterfalls on the outskirts of the Sierra Nevada and over meadows and lakes in the far corners of California and Nevada. I have flown it in freezing snow and over hot sand. I have lugged it up trails and across ridiculous terrain, carried it up hills I could barely climb and down to beaches that with a rope and a few tears we just barely made it.

It all that time, I have never once had a glitch with the drone. It has operated perfectly. I have to hand it to DJI, the PHP4, while not the best of the best and now replaced by the glitchier ver 2, is a rock solid workhorse. It has been reliable, in good and bad conditions from day one. While someday, DJI may come up with a ver 5 or what not. I will be hard pressed to give up my P4. It’s been an incredibly reliable device.

I can say virtually the same things about my P3P., except for flying in freezing snow, over Spanish castles and English countryside. No glitches or complaints whatsoever.

My P3S has been rock solid too. I have flown it in light rain, wet snow, in 30C and in -25C weather and it has always worked the way it’s been designed to.

Chris

I’ve actually experienced some sensory issues with my Phantom 4 when the camera faces direct sunlight. Annoyingly when trying to film a pretty sunset. It states that there is an obstacle and will not proceed foreword. Have any of you guys experienced this issue as well?

As long as you can see the drone there is no problem with turning sensors off.
But I don't know why is the situation you described a problem at all. Did you intend to get closer filming the sunset? Closer to the sun... LOL.
Best regards
Andy

I have heard the sun will affect the sensors. I flew a P2 with no sensors for 3 years. When I bought my P4, I turned the sensors off. Recently, I turned them on (can't remember why) and while I was flying down a walkway between the side rails, when it got to the middle of the run where the rails are higher, the P4 suddenly stopped. I'm sure it was the sensors and it ruined the shot.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj