Won't turn on

Reaction score
Hello, my drone hit and tree branch and fell to the ground. A propeller was snapped but the motors were still running while it laid on the ground until I powered down the drone.

After that, the drone would not turn on. If I hit the button the battery lights up then turns off. If I turn on the battery outside of the drone, it will stay lit until I put it in the drone at which point it will turn off.

What would you check first? I took it apart but I couldn't see any loose wires or anything obvious so I put it back together.

Thanks!

Hello, my drone hit and tree branch and fell to the ground. A propeller was snapped but the motors were still running while it laid on the ground until I powered down the drone.

After that, the drone would not turn on. If I hit the button the battery lights up then turns off. If I turn on the battery outside of the drone, it will stay lit until I put it in the drone at which point it will turn off.

What would you check first? I took it apart but I couldn't see any loose wires or anything obvious so I put it back together.

Thanks!
Check inside batt compartment at batt terminals,make sure they straight,still got 4 little conected pins ,anything getting hot in there,did you try power up when apart ?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
the motors were still running while it laid on the ground until I powered down the drone.

How long were the motors running while it laid on the ground? Did one or more of them start to squeal? Did the motors get real hot?

If one or more motors stayed blocked for too long, it may have overheated the control circuitry inside.

How long were the motors running while it laid on the ground? Did one or more of them start to squeal? Did the motors get real hot?

If one or more motors stayed blocked for too long, it may have overheated the control circuitry inside.

It was running for maybe 5 seconds before I powered it down. It was upside down but I don't remember hearing any unusual sounds, though at least one of the motors must have been jammed down into the ground

Check inside batt compartment at batt terminals,make sure they straight,still got 4 little conected pins ,anything getting hot in there,did you try power up when apart ?

The battery does power up when it is separate and nothing looks bent, but on the gold plate that contacts the little pins there are tiny black marks. Is it possible this is evidence of a short? Little burns on the battery plate from where it sparked?

The battery does power up when it is separate and nothing looks bent, but on the gold plate that contacts the little pins there are tiny black marks. Is it possible this is evidence of a short? Little burns on the battery plate from where it sparked?
Yes should be nice and clean,unsure where it would short , a little more investigation need there,I see if I can find something on it

Try press and hold finger on batt for at least 5 sec and see how many lights come up,,it's possible the short has done something to batt...got another batt just to try
Screenshot_20181108-113246.jpg

Reactions: Mark The Droner
but on the gold plate that contacts the little pins there are tiny black marks. Is it possible this is evidence of a short? Little burns on the battery plate from where it sparked?

No, it's not a short, burn or spark mark lol ... those little pins don't carry a lot of current - that's how the Phantom communicates with the intelligent battery... and all mine have faint black marks too.

If you feel a need to clean the black marks off the gold plate, lightly use high grade sandpaper at least 6 - 800 grit. You just want to polish it, not take off any metal

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4