Wondering to sell or not to sell.

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots, I’ve had a phantom 3 standard for over a year now but only really started flying a lot the past few months. A coworker of mine wants a drone, and said if I want to sell mine, he would be interested. I bought mine for $399 through DJI on amazon, certified refurbished. I also bought a 64GB for $10 on prime day last year, along with an extra battery for $81 this May. Let’s round up for the sake of simplicity and say I’ve got $500 invested in this drone. Do you guys think it’s worth it for me to sell it to him and upgrade to a cheap mavic, and if so, what should I ask for? Thanks! Check out my videos on Instagram @tyleramyers

Hello fellow pilots, I’ve had a phantom 3 standard for over a year now but only really started flying a lot the past few months. A coworker of mine wants a drone, and said if I want to sell mine, he would be interested. I bought mine for $399 through DJI on amazon, certified refurbished. I also bought a 64GB for $10 on prime day last year, along with an extra battery for $81 this May. Let’s round up for the sake of simplicity and say I’ve got $500 invested in this drone. Do you guys think it’s worth it for me to sell it to him and upgrade to a cheap mavic, and if so, what should I ask for? Thanks! Check out my videos on Instagram @tyleramyers
When you first acquired the P3S, there were several DJI models out there. What lead to choose the P3S? If you were to go out and purchase a new Mavic, how would your flying experience change? Would it be worth it?

I own a P3S and a P3Pro. I fly for fun and the P3S is my first choice. The only reason I popped for the Pro was it is better suited for more professional applications later down to the road. Despite owning a P3Pro, I have no immediate plans to sell the standard. It's just plain fun to fly.

I chose the P3S because I had no experience with a drone and it was cheap! My experience would change because obviously it’s a totally different drone and better camera (I hope, haven’t done my research yet).

I chose the P3S because I had no experience with a drone and it was cheap! My experience would change because obviously it’s a totally different drone and better camera (I hope, haven’t done my research yet).
If you could drive a Lexus and and 1966 Ford Fairlane using a remote, do you think your experience would be different? Forward, backwards, turn right, turn left. Totaly diferent cars, right?

There is a wealth of information out there that would enable you to run some comparisons. Certainly the camera is better on a Mavick.

Happy flying, whatever you decide.

The Standard is a great starter drone. Sounds like it served you well for that purpose, pass it on :D

I wouldn't 'trade' it for a basic mavic though... mavic Pro or platinum maybe - if you want the portability... better yet a P3 Pro.

Last April I bought a p3 Standard refurb, my first GPS drone. In June I bought a p3 Pro with lots of accessories through the classifieds here, and at first was not going to sell the Standard. Then I ran into a young man whose uncle was interested in drones so I sold it to him for what I paid. He's happy with it, with no plans to shop for one with more features. I like having instant connectivity to my device with a cable, longer range, and a better camera... win-win. ;)

I don't get the car analogy at all...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl