Won’t let me fly above 150ft

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my phantom 3 standard won’t fly above 150ft? My boyfriend crashed it and changed the 2.4g antennas since that’s what got messed up. We also did the update and now it keeps saying lost signal at about 150ft up. And we can’t seem to get it to do anything else it just wants to come back and land. Do you guys have any ideas?

Are you flying directly overhead? That is where signal is weakest. Try flying further away and preferably in an area free of wifi and other RF congestion.

Are you flying directly overhead? That is where signal is weakest. Try flying further away and preferably in an area free of wifi and other RF congestion.
No it even happens when I try and fly it away from me it does the same thing. I can only get about 200ft away in any direction and still won’t let me do much. No it’s not on beginner mode and max flight is at 500meters.

Since you replaced the antennas and the antennas are what keeps you connected, I’d look there first. Make sure all your antenna connections (to the board, etc.) are secure.

@Tklotz,
Welcome to the Forum!

Update?
Firmware or Software.

Did you fly it after the antenna repair, but before the update?

Rod

@Tklotz,
Welcome to the Forum!

Update?
Firmware or Software.

Did you fly it after the antenna repair, but before the update?

Rod
I’m not sure what the update was it was from the dji go app that said update so I think it was a software update but not sure. And it started doing it after we replaced the antenna. Should we get new antennas and try again? And what is the best place to get them from. We got the ones on it now from Amazon.

Since you replaced the antennas and the antennas are what keeps you connected, I’d look there first. Make sure all your antenna connections (to the board, etc.) are secure.
Thank you we have already done that. Everything is back into place and connected. I’m not sure what is going on.

I don't know much about the antennas.

What you might try is placing the Phantom say 100' away. Power all on, no need to start the props (actually I would not have the props installed) holding the remote as still as possible maybe lay it down on something. The thought is watching the signal strength without moving anything, does it jump around good, bad ugly, etc. Or does it stay at a constant level. To me if you got a connection problem, it shouldn't be varying signal strength.

I had to send my P3S in twice, signal problems after a firmware update. When I saw the signal go all over the place and I wasn't even flying it I knew I had no idea what to do next.

August 2015
I was the first post this problem.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Oct 2017
The first and only person that had a Theory / Explanation.
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

One of many old posts :rolleyes:
Terrible signal performance

I just looked, I have over 50 book marks on remote signal problems related to firmware update.

Please keep us updated.

Rod

How much did it coast to send it back to have them fix it? We’re just going to send it back I think. I live in Montana so we don’t have a dji store here so I’ll need to send it out of state somewhere.

Both times it was under warranty, nobody has ever got back to me or posted if there were charged for the repair.

I'm the only one that has every posted a copy of what they replaced. :rolleyes:

Rod

Both times it was under warranty, nobody has ever got back to me or posted if there were charged for the repair.

I'm the only one that has every posted a copy of what they replaced. :rolleyes:

Rod
I just sent it back to dji so hopefully we can get the problem figured out quickly and get it back to me. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: RodPad
With the last firmware you must logoff & logon on the Dji go app to didable the flight limits (50 m. of distance & 30 m. of altitude)

With the last firmware you must logoff & logon on the Dji go app to didable the flight limits (50 m. of distance & 30 m. of altitude)
We have done that as well. We sent the drone back to dji to hopefully find and fix the problem. Thank you! I’ll let you know what they say.

I just sent it back to dji so hopefully we can get the problem figured out quickly and get it back to me. Thank you for the help.

They charge $65 dollars an hour to fix the drone. With the main board we had to replace it was $130 for working on it and $51 for the phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller Main Board Modulehe part they are also fixing the cover for $6 and apparently the landing gear that got messed up when it got shipped and that's $2 so for every thing it was $189 to have it fixed. Which is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Reactions: stu2b2 and RodPad
We have done that as well. We sent the drone back to dji to hopefully find and fix the problem. Thank you! I’ll let you know what they say.

Im having the same problem, im going to test this now. surely its cant be that simple of a fix by just logging out of the DJI Go app and logging back in..

BrB

Im having the same problem, im going to test this now. surely its cant be that simple of a fix by just logging out of the DJI Go app and logging back in..

BrB
We sent the drone in and the problem was we had a bad Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controller Main Board Module they replaced it so hopefully when we get it back it works!

Reactions: RodPad and Daito
Is it working?

Do you have a receipt you could take a picture of, like the picture in this post. Terrible signal performance

Just cut off the personal info like I did and post it? ;)

Rod

Here ya go!

Attachments

• 3679CBC0-D920-4234-AEA6-B026C1F54D18.jpeg
    3679CBC0-D920-4234-AEA6-B026C1F54D18.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 336

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members