Wireless Streaming...

Reaction score
So I've got a WD Live TV Plus. Sadly it's impossible to run a wire from the WD Live to my router so I have to connect it wirelessly to my wireless N router.

The router is working perfectly, solid signal, etc. The WD Live is working perfectly too. I can stream almost any type of file flawlessly but the DJI 1080P video has such a high bit rate it won't stream over my network to my WD and my TV. Lots of pauses, buffering, glitches, etc.

I've looked at a million solutions and so far the only one that works is to copy the video files to a hard drive hooked up to the WD Live and play them back locally from that hard drive. But sometimes I would just like to stream them over my network.

What's the lowest setting on the Phantom that will stream wirelessly? Alternatively can anyone suggest a conversion program that will compress the file and make it able to stream without killing the quality of the video too much?

Thanks!

Movie Maker comes free with Windows 8 and 8.1 and will allow you to specify the bitrate of a converted video file. To create a specific bit rate profile, just go to "Save Movie" and choose "Create Custom Setting" and you will see the dialog box for bit rate, as well as resolution and audio settings. After you choose a bit rate, then save the custom profile with a title like "1920x1080 at 5 Mbps". Then hit "Save Movie" again to save your clip with your newly created custom profile.

The Phantom Vision+ will record 1080p/30fps video at around 10-11 Mbps --- I've found that 5 Mbps converted files still look watchable on a big-screen TV, but you will notice some increased artifacting compared to the raw file. I would think your WD Live can probably handle 5 Mbps streaming video. If it can't, then it's a crappy device and you should get a better one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj