Windsurfer on ARGtek mod

plus this also

and this
2016-02-26 15.13.25.jpg

Guys, with all respect, but it wasn't my intention to start another thread whether or not the ARGtek mod is working... I just started it to find out if someone already tried putting a windsurfer on the 5.8GHz ARGtek antenna.
So, please, stick with the topic :) (but have to admit, I like the other stuff too!)

here is my p3s
I just installed mine last night and did a quick flight. I only was able to take it straight up since I launched at my house. I had perfect signal at 400 feet. I will try again later and see what distance I get.

Also just that backpack but I couldn't make the remote for like yours. I guess I needed to cut more.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

9a4763f3d3552f16bc4d32233724acf6.jpg

Windsurfer ready... Now I need to find some time (and good weather) to test it...

b68fd46c982b829d41dd4633510831ca.jpg
. I to have been wondering about this. I will be testing this with a few different ones later today as well and if I'm disappointed I will just put my DBS Mods setup on since it came in yesterday

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: x11freak
Yours look great! I wonder too how they'll perform, since the ARGtek already is a directional antenna, I doubt if they'll make a big difference...

I wonder what kind of antenna's can be used to replace the 5.8GHz one, the DBS mod also use the same principle no?

2bd4886c649b890f4613e6854f1da706.jpg

This setup was also a failure. 9dbi antenna 5.8 ghz it was worse than the one supplied with argtek Kit. Still my stock with windsurfer seems to work the best

I tried a omni directional antenna similar to that one. I saw real no difference actually slightly worse than the original ARGtek antenna.
Although I did not try one like you got. Is that from the SEARS tower in Chicago?...LOL

That thing looks like it's a foot long.

What tablet holder mod and antenna mod do you have flpholt

Mcphipps. LOL it doubles as a weapon if I'm out in the desert and get attacked. Yeah it's about a foot long. Now imagine if I added a windsurfer, the remote would probably fly further than the copter.

So I tried my copper windsurfer with the ARGTek and!!.......no difference...I tried the one from Toms Tech Time and another from freeantennas.com and didn't notice a difference. It was worth a shot...I guess it's time to put the DBS Mods on there...I hope I can use it with the ARGTek hook-up bar so I don't have to drill

if you add dbs mod to p3s you will have to drill or come out middle port not as clean

2016-03-26 16.30.05.jpg

Yeah it looks like I'm drilling...it's a pretty tight fit when the wires are on...they have to bend a lot and I'm assuming that's not good
e40842a3f4018361fbeb134768101580.jpg
f3e3fb666fc6df943584d0d2f628e9d8.jpg

you see mine bend don't hurt them mine are upgraded

So I tried my copper windsurfer with the ARGTek and!!.......no difference...I tried the one from Toms Tech Time and another from freeantennas.com and didn't notice a difference. It was worth a shot...I guess it's time to put the DBS Mods on there...I hope I can use it with the ARGTek hook-up bar so I don't have to drill

You can use the bar from the ARGtek setup for the connection point to the DBS. It will work. Others have done it already.

Yeah it looks like I'm drilling...it's a pretty tight fit when the wires are on...they have to bend a lot and I'm assuming that's not good
e40842a3f4018361fbeb134768101580.jpg
f3e3fb666fc6df943584d0d2f628e9d8.jpg

Have you tried to coil the wires? That will be OK. You can always go on Amazon and buy some shorter wires for that. It just seems so cruel to drill holes if you don't have to.

Hmm, this is very, very interesting! @Procharged97 , keep me informed please! Would love to see how the dbs-mod is wired up with the argtek mount... as well how it performs!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj