Windsurfer on ARGtek mod

Reaction score
Tried searching the forum, but couldn't find a post or test, so...
Anyone knows (or tried) if it's possible to put a windsurfer on the ARGtek antenna?

Sure. You could build a windsurfer for any type of antenna.

Keep us posted.
Good idea

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hoped someone already tested this :) I don't fly that much... but I'll check out some windsurfer designs and hope I can find a way to create one for the ARGtek mod... For me, it looks like I lose RC connection before video, so improving the RC signal would be possible with a windsurfer.

01f2fe1786d3b0d0ebeb7c291ad6fcdc.jpg

Someone got his today!!! I'll let you know how it goes!

^
Nice, white video antenna's.. mine shipped with black ones... [emoji53]

I will be installing my ARGTek mod this weekend. Can't wait to try it out.

I got mine from eBay for £45...

I already have an ARGTek... just wondering what the added value of a windsurfer on the 5.8GHz antenna would be :)

I already have an ARGTek... just wondering what the added value of a windsurfer on the 5.8GHz antenna would be :)
The value? It should increase the range. That might not be valuable to you though if you are already flying as far as you'd like to fly.

Was your 5.8 antennae flat? Mine is. And I have no clue what dbi it is rated at. I just ordered a round ( Omani directional) 9 dbi antenna to replace the flat one. I actually lost range with the setup compared to stock. I'm going to try this set up and see.

Was your 5.8 antennae flat? Mine is. And I have no clue what dbi it is rated at. I just ordered a round ( Omani directional) 9 dbi antenna to replace the flat one. I actually lost range with the setup compared to stock. I'm going to try this set up and see.

I have the flat antenna... don't know much about antenna's, thought this was a directional antenna while the standard antenna is omnidirectional...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the windsurfer sort of converts the omnidirectional antenna to a directional.... But, since the ARGtek already is directional, the windsurfer would have not much signal to reflect... so wouldn't be much added value. Or is this some stupid logic? :)

I have mine and love it get twice the range that I had before . remember black paddles don't work as good as the white ones ..............just kidding

I was only getting 1000 feet now I get 2600 to 2800 in very busy neighborhood

wont have to worry about range with new one
upload_2016-3-23_18-39-4.png
upload_2016-3-23_18-39-4.png

dbs mod on my new p3a

Reactions: Tas
Very nice set up :)
Unfortunately I bought the p3s....added argtek. ...reasonable range but I'm jealous of lightbridge! !!

Might take the plunge on a crashed inspire off eBay !.....going for less than a grand from time to time :))

Please keep us informed of any new p3s mod in future.

here is my p3s

Attachments

• 2016-02-26 14.45.24.jpg
    2016-02-26 14.45.24.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 753
  • 2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg
    2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,085

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics