Wind speeds.

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been asked but as a newbie I have no idea what the maximum wind speed is for not flying my P4P, and help would be much appreciated.

Per the P4P specs, DJI recommends not flying in winds stronger than 10 m/s or 22 MPH (up in the sky).

Reactions: Capt KO and RonT
To add to @msingers post, a good app such as kitty hawk or others that give flight conditions is very handy as well. I literally carry an anemometer with me at all times for agricultural spraying, and a small one in your flight bag doesn't take up much room, and they're cheap!

Brad

To add to @msingers post, a good app such as kitty hawk or others that give flight conditions is very handy as well. I literally carry an anemometer with me at all times for agricultural spraying, and a small one in your flight bag doesn't take up much room, and they're cheap!

Brad
Thanks Brad, I have been using UAV forecast and had set my limits at 20 mph at 100 feet, so should be ok..

Forgive me if this has already been asked but as a newbie I have no idea what the maximum wind speed is for not flying my P4P, and help would be much appreciated.
It's not that simple, there's no single max wind speed that you need to worry about.
You need to consider:
  • The direction of the wind
  • How it affects your flight out and back
  • The distance you will be exposed to the wind.
For instance ...
A 12 mph wind could lead to losing your drone if you fly far enough downwind and can't get back before running out of battery fighting the headwind.
A 20 mph wind will be no problem for a short flight not going far from the launch point.

You also need to be aware that if you fly high, the wind up there will be stronger than what you feel on the ground.

Reactions: RonT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik