Will P3s RC stable without hotglue cable after Argtek mod

Reaction score
Going to adding Argtek to my remote.
My P3s has terrible video link on 150+- meter, but control link still good
I still running the default firmware from the factory.1.02 or 1.24 ver.

I had no hotglue and don know how to use it.
Will the antenna cable stay in the connector without hotglue it ?

WOW .... you have not a Hot Glue Gun ??

The addition of Hot Glue is a measure to secure against bumps and incidents that could jog the connection to disengage. Similar connectors are used on RC Rcvr's such as FrSky without any hot glue and survive being in the airplane model etc.

Personally I am going to be fitting ArgTek to my P3S ... and will be using Hot Glue after plugging connectors to give security of hold.

Lets be honest - a trip to local supermarket / diy shop will throw up a mini Hot Glue Gun for about $10 or less ...
What you want is one with the narrow 1mm or less nozzle, usually uses 7 - 8mm sticks, so you can 'aim' a small blob of hot glue. You do not want the larger gun that most people have that uses 10mm and larger diameter sticks.

Nigel

That's interesting I sent mine back to DJI with 1.5.7 FW and it came back with 1.2.4 ? So they put the factory FW on it .It works so I have been a bit hesitant to upgrade.

That's interesting I sent mine back to DJI with 1.5.7 FW and it came back with 1.2.4 ? So they put the factory FW on it .It works so I have been a bit hesitant to upgrade.

Confused what that has to do with Hot Glue ?

Don't be confused it's a phantom so anything is relevant.I had never used a hot glue gun until I did the DBS mod .

WOW .... you have not a Hot Glue Gun ??

The addition of Hot Glue is a measure to secure against bumps and incidents that could jog the connection to disengage. Similar connectors are used on RC Rcvr's such as FrSky without any hot glue and survive being in the airplane model etc.

Personally I am going to be fitting ArgTek to my P3S ... and will be using Hot Glue after plugging connectors to give security of hold.

Lets be honest - a trip to local supermarket / diy shop will throw up a mini Hot Glue Gun for about $10 or less ...
What you want is one with the narrow 1mm or less nozzle, usually uses 7 - 8mm sticks, so you can 'aim' a small blob of hot glue. You do not want the larger gun that most people have that uses 10mm and larger diameter sticks.

Nigel
Like the soldering iron, somehow pretty scary tool to use with.
But I will try your suggestion go the DIY shop look for small glue gun.
Or there any other 'glue' can replace the hotglue

Will the warranty void after I mod Argtek or DBS mod?

Epoxy .... or any non-corrosive glue that creates a 'blob' to hold the connector.

Warranty - any action that opens / modifies / dismantles / marks a product from its original factory spec / production actually voids a warranty.
I would suggest that swapping out factory installed antenna and replacing with 3rd party would void any warranty issued with the product. Its easy also for a factory / dealer to see if you have removed / replaced items as well.

Nigel

Just to add on to what was said above me about warranty, just opening the controller up technically voids your warranty. Adding different antennas and drilling holes definitely voids it. However if something goes wrong and you need to send the drone in for repair, the drone itself is still under warranty, just not the controller. They will fix and replace anything wrong with the drone but they will not do anything for your controller. I have first hand experience with this, my standard dropped out of the sky, I sent the drone in for repair but did not send the controller and kept it with me. They fixed the drone and didn't ask any questions about the controller. (Issue was an ESC failure in flight so it was a warranty repair)

I am not entirely convinced one needs to glue (or silicon) the connectors back after doing the mod. If you click the connector in place properly it takes quite a bit to get it to pop back out. I glued mine but not completely convinced it was necessary

Nobody can beat CHEAP insurance an peace of mind!

Simply run down to your local autoparts store and pick up a small tube of clear silicone. Easily applied and easily removable if you need to

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree that its probably not needed, but its better to be safe than sorry.
It costs nothing to put a blob on the connector - just make sure its connected fully home before applying !

You would be surprised the shocks we give our gear .....

Bit like Hard drives in computers are designed for so many G's - was reading a report where just careless moving from one bench to another exceeded it easily !

Nigel

Reactions: Storm
Epoxy .... or any non-corrosive glue that creates a 'blob' to hold the connector.

Warranty - any action that opens / modifies / dismantles / marks a product from its original factory spec / production actually voids a warranty.
I would suggest that swapping out factory installed antenna and replacing with 3rd party would void any warranty issued with the product. Its easy also for a factory / dealer to see if you have removed / replaced items as well.

Nigel
Will the normal hardware store selling the epoxy?

Simply run down to your local autoparts store and pick up a small tube of clear silicone. Easily applied and easily removable if you need to

I tell the hardware store clear silicon they will know ?
I only heard silicon for roof or something to prevent water leakage or something...not yet for electronic (they work same or not?)

Clear silicone is fine, or Walmart has hot glue gun for like 7 bucks, I use silicone because that's whats in my toolbox

I am out side USA, so there will no Walmart.:(
I will try go to DIY Shop to get clear silicon.

Is there had a silicon that specialize to using on electronic?
I worry mixed use will cause some damage to the circuit board.

Silicone is use to seal electronics on cars and many other applications to seal from moisture. So, silicone is fine. With silicone, it will need a while to set up (dry) with hot glue, it hardens real fast.

Nigel

I would stay away from epoxy and glues. The reason it is a connector is so it CAN be taken apart. Hot glue is faster to dry than waiting for gasket cement.
If you can't find a small one, use a large glue gun on cardboard, then scoop some up with toothpick to apply.

I would advise against general silicone - it has mild acid in it to cure. The silicone used on circuit boards is not same as the general sealant variety.
I would not use epoxy as that would be a permanent fixture.

Hot glue is best as it can be removed easily.

Nigel

Reactions: Slackware
I found these two from local diy shop. I not sure which one suitable for RC use.

They both look not plastic friendly

Attachments

• DSC_0421.JPG
    DSC_0421.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0422.JPG
    DSC_0422.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 296

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members