Will my Phantom be obsolete?

Reaction score
Really don’t understand up and coming drone requirements. My understanding is the Phantom 4 pro isn’t compliant with “RID”, so can I still use after that law goes into affect?

Phantom 4 Pro is not RID compliant and am doubtful DJI will update the firmware to make it compliant. You can still fly your Phantom Pro. Just buy a Remote ID Module. Only a few out there now. Many of us are just waiting to see what others become available as this is not in effect until September.

Very few modules for the older drones I have; P4P, Mavic Pro...found some for well over $300. As we get closer to the deadline of Sept 2023, more will be on the market and the cost 'should' come down. Only hope is the rules will change before then.
Here is the least expensive module I could find: Remote ID Module 'Only' $305 USD

Most likely you will have to purchase a RID module for your P4P unfortunately. The P4P is not on the list for RID firmware upgrade and when I have asked DJI about it they have said no to updating it.

Most likely you will have to purchase a RID module for your P4P unfortunately. The P4P is not on the list for RID firmware upgrade and when I have asked DJI about it they have said no to updating it.
Same response I got.

We have been working with P4 (and other drone users) to provide solutions for mounting various RID modules on P4 and other. There will be a lot of RID soultions out there. The one from DroneTag is my favourite (now) since it is self contained. We will place designs and mounts on our ebay store as time goes on.

The 3 photos show the GNSS RTK mounts which have areas to attach RID

Attachments

• dronetag_mini_remote_id_compliant_cover_2_vertigo_drones.jpg
    dronetag_mini_remote_id_compliant_cover_2_vertigo_drones.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230408_090709.jpg
    20230408_090709.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • 20230408_090723.jpg
    20230408_090723.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20230408_090651.jpg
    20230408_090651.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: CoreySnipes
We have been working with P4 (and other drone users) to provide solutions for mounting various RID modules on P4 and other. There will be a lot of RID soultions out there. The one from DroneTag is my favourite (now) since it is self contained. We will place designs and mounts on our ebay store as time goes on.

The 3 photos show the GNSS RTK mounts which have areas to attach RID
I have the DroneTag Beacon also. I agree it is nice to have it self-contained and easy to switch between aircraft. I have only ground tested so far but the app and hardware are easy to use. And shipping from Europe was quite speedy.

I have the DroneTag Beacon also. I agree it is nice to have it self-contained and easy to switch between aircraft. I have only ground tested so far but the app and hardware are easy to use. And shipping from Europe was quite speedy.

That's the one I'm looking at for my P4PV2.

Very few modules for the older drones I have; P4P, Mavic Pro...found some for well over $300. As we get closer to the deadline of Sept 2023, more will be on the market and the cost 'should' come down. Only hope is the rules will change before then.
Here is the least expensive module I could find: Remote ID Module 'Only' $305 USD
I'm waiting till closer to September before I get one for the price drop others have mentioned

Really hard to believe there are no US sourced RID modules on the market yet. They should be less expensive as they do not need LTE.

Reactions: Mavikhan
I saw an ad out there for this same module. I could not find anywhere about the battery life on this one. How much flight time are you getting or expect to get with this module...?
Thanks in advance....

We have mounts for most legacy drones that use the DroneTag or DroneBeacon DB120. I use the DB120 on my Matrice cost from manufacturer is 130-150 USD.

this is link for our mounts (we have ads in four of the pilots forums on side bar)

link for dronebeacon
Link to PDF Manual for DB120

Not sure on battery life however , it far exceeds the drones batteries.
This is DB120 on my Matrice with our mount (it is standard GoPro mounting) I have adaptors for many legacy drones so it can be mounted. The DroneTag uses high strength nylon velcro or you can screw on one of my adaptors.

Let me know if you have questions or if you need something custom we can make it if the community can use it.

1689187136248.png

Correct DroneBeacon has it available as self contained like I sent in last photo of my Matrice or like what you sent if you want to power and encapsulate. I prefered self contained however, the post I have above April 8 shows 3 photos of how my customers encapsulated the board only design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31