Will DJI cover out of warranty P3A

Reaction score
I I own a p3a with over 300 flights and have to say it’s been a very reliable bird, I would like to know as I’ve had my drone for over 2-3 years and it’s out of warranty what happens if just say a problem arises that is not my fault for example a motor blows or something like that in mid air that is not my fault, is DJI still liable to fix free of charge?

Or because it’s out of warranty if it talks out of the sky for any unknown reason then it’s tough luck on me?

If it were a car or bike and the engine blew up out of warranty I’d need to pay myself to get it fixed, but in this scenario does this apply? Because if it does then I’ll just sell it on eBay and buy a brand new one with warranty to cover my self in the event I ever have an issue as there is kinda no real servicing I can do to my p3a apart from a brand new battery and props.

Love to hear your thoughts on this matter, I’m sure it’s been asked before just can’t seem to find. Thanks all

You can call DJI but the repair will not be free. They may give you a discount because the issue was not caused by you. Call them and explain the situation.

Check out the DJI warranty for more details on the warranty period for each Phantom component. Once the warranty period has expired, they will most likely not cover any needed repairs.

They won’t cover anything under warranty unless they are forced to, which I can’t see happening in a 3 year old phantom. I’m most jurisdictions consumer law trumps manufacturer warranty, for example the stupid 3 month camera warranty in DJI AC. Good luck DJI if it’s a manufacturing or component failure at 4 months... they would be fixing it for free...

I I own a p3a with over 300 flights and have to say it’s been a very reliable bird, I would like to know as I’ve had my drone for over 2-3 years and it’s out of warranty what happens if just say a problem arises that is not my fault for example a motor blows or something like that in mid air that is not my fault, is DJI still liable to fix free of charge?

Or because it’s out of warranty if it talks out of the sky for any unknown reason then it’s tough luck on me?

If it were a car or bike and the engine blew up out of warranty I’d need to pay myself to get it fixed, but in this scenario does this apply? Because if it does then I’ll just sell it on eBay and buy a brand new one with warranty to cover my self in the event I ever have an issue as there is kinda no real servicing I can do to my p3a apart from a brand new battery and props.

Love to hear your thoughts on this matter, I’m sure it’s been asked before just can’t seem to find. Thanks all

No warranty..no free repair. That’s kinda how warranties work. What would make you think that you are entitled to free repairs outside of the warranty period?

It actually depends on the area you are in ... and the fault that occurs.

For example - in EU - if you can prove that the event / fault was due to latent manufacturers defect - then EU can impose action on manufacturer or their appointed agents inside EU for up to 6 years ! Yes 6 years.

That even over-rides any signed document as buyer you agreed to waive rights - again depending on the latent defect etc. !!

But Item must have been purchased within that jurisdiction. No good buying from China, shipped in and then claim ... all bets off then !

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4