Wiki wiki, I'm getting jiggy

Reaction score
So just throwing it out there that there seems to be a need (or at least an advantage) for a wiki/faq.

I know DJI itself has one, but it's not really anything other than the manual in a different form.

I'm thinking things like:

- CSC
- What to do after you've crashed (what details to post, how to get the logs etc.)

and a myriad of other things.

Sure we have stickys but they aren't appropriate for a lot of things. Wouldn't matter if it was hosted here or elsewhere, or realistically it could just be personal pages, just something to quickly post 'read this' for some of the repetitive and less clear items that trigger the same discussions.

Or I may be off the mark completely, that happens a lot :)

I'm happy to 'just do something' and see if it's useful, but thought I'd post here first as I'm unsure about the direction of the forum and wanting to keep stuff inside the network.

I'm new and about to receive mine in the post in next few weeks something like this would be good

I would be happy to host the wiki on my server. It's a shame that the DJI one is non-editable but I can also see why.

It would indeed be very nice to have one place where we can put all the useful information. Maybe not a "personal pages" section but a single page for each topic of discussion (e.g. pre-flight checklists). The trouble I see with this is that people typically have different opinions on how best to operate. Something that works well for you might not work for others. There are, however, a few things that everyone must do the same way (E.G. how to change advanced camera settings) but then this is covered mostly by the manual.

I'm not sure either. On one hand, I think it could be helpful. On the other, it might just end up as an alternative manual.

i had the same thought - im a new pilot too, and i spent at least a week reading before i flew. stuff is all over the net, but if you dont know, you dont know... i was thinking about making a blog starting with unboxing your craft up to first flight.

there may be a wiki add-on/plug in to THIS forum application - i dunno im not familiar with this one..

Last edited:
Yeah. Don't want to over engineer anything. There are a lot of good resources out there already.
I'm envisaging a fairly simple reference set of links to such material (kind of like phantomhelp does for products) and then some things specifically related to forum discussion. Prime example being the one I mentioned, what do after a crash/flight incident you want help diagnosing. Would save the posters and responders some time.

I like the idea of getting some DJI monies for writing tech docs, but a wiki that everyone can post too has benefit also. just because dji may not like your article. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20