WIFI of FC40 Camera not working

(One post said there is a reset next to the Wifi symbol, but don't stick something in the little hole - it is the mic

I had thought that was a reset button hole tho it turns out its not and its a hole to no ware no mic any were inside the camrea and I even thought it was to maybe allow the wifi signal to get threw the alumumitized paint on the edge of the bezel but not nearly big enough for a 2.4Ghz band to fit threw. Being that hole is even smaller then the holes in the front of the metal screen on a microwave door. That are big enough to let light threw but much smaller then the space a microwave can fit threw and MW overs are 2.5 ghz. and you need a hole almost 1/2 inch wide for microwaves to escape the shielding. So the only thing I can think of is maybe it was designed originally to have reset there and they changed there minds. Same as they did with the mic idea and the 4 holes tot he left of the lens Which is were the mic would go if they had decided to put a mic in as they originally did say they were going to and has been mentioned that there original specs called for sound. Even tho I cant imagine why being the only sound it would or been able to pick up is the prop noise and wind if its flying.

darwin-t said:
Probably not your problem, but the wifi on mine wouldn't work with my 64 Gb memory card. Put a 2 Gb one and it worked.

But my iPhone doesn't see it - my Kindle does. And my wifi repeater does, too.

I have a 64gb Samsung class 10 and everything works as it should except it won't record with the button on the camera, but that's another issue, wouldn't work with a 1gb card either. I saw up a few posts that there is a mic in the camera, mine doesn't record audio, should it?

DJK

I just got my FC40 2 days ago. When I tried to find the FC40 on my android phone it didn't show up. The house wifi was stronger. Now I have to delete my house wifi on my phone to connect to the FC40 around the house. When I am away I have no problem with the connection. My nook has a selection of wifi to choose from including the FC40. My SD card is a 16gb class 10 and i have had no problem with it. The camera works great for what it is.

On my Iphone I have to go to settings/wifi and select the FC40 every time I connect or else it defaults to my home WIFI if I am around the house. Try it!

DJK

I discoverd wifi problems with the fc40 relate to the mSD-card you use. With samsung mSD-cards, I don't have wifi problems anymore.

just got mine 1 week ago wifi worked 2 times out of 50 trys
bought it from DJI.com labor day sale 450$ with cam
emailed them they pushed me to someone else
then sent me an email asking if I was happy with there service
thinking DJI its the hobby king of quads
thanks for the help guys
ill have to save for a new cam :lol:
stagger123

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads