Wifi module (reprogram success) but still no video feed

Reaction score
Hi my Vision + drone was having video feed issues then it stopped sending the feed altogether then the drone sat for at least a year or more which i found is also not good . I then did some research and verified it was the wifi board that was not working like so many others with the same issue.

I have some experience with soldering and computer hardware/software so when I found the reprogramming tutorial I again verified the board was faulty with teraterm i then I managed to successfully reprogrammed my faulty vision + wifi module as per the tutorials with no issues that i know of) . I then proceeded to put a quality thermal paste on the boards to reduce heat then reinstalled the board . when i powered up the drone I still cannot get video feed to the dji app , and i still i get no ping reply from 192.168.1.10 .

after i have checked the cables re-bound the extender tried diff phones etc there was till no joy , i still get telemetry from the app and can use my camera but no video feed on the app . I then decided to try reprogramming the wifi board again thats when i came up with a problem ( see attached pic) . Could it mean that the nand is no good? I read about writing to a different part of the nand that may not be damaged somehow but could not find clear instructions to do so. any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• 162031vf39dm993p689lp9.jpg
    162031vf39dm993p689lp9.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: Nadeera
Hi my Vision + drone was having video feed issues then it stopped sending the feed altogether then the drone sat for at least a year or more which i found is also not good . I then did some research and verified it was the wifi board that was not working like so many others with the same issue.

I have some experience with soldering and computer hardware/software so when I found the reprogramming tutorial I again verified the board was faulty with teraterm i then I managed to successfully reprogrammed my faulty vision + wifi module as per the tutorials with no issues that i know of) . I then proceeded to put a quality thermal paste on the boards to reduce heat then reinstalled the board . when i powered up the drone I still cannot get video feed to the dji app , and i still i get no ping reply from 192.168.1.10 .

after i have checked the cables re-bound the extender tried diff phones etc there was till no joy , i still get telemetry from the app and can use my camera but no video feed on the app . I then decided to try reprogramming the wifi board again thats when i came up with a problem ( see attached pic) . Could it mean that the nand is no good? I read about writing to a different part of the nand that may not be damaged somehow but could not find clear instructions to do so. any suggestions appreciated.
I am even less technical than you, so I found a guy on Ebay to repair mine. I've used him twice and he guarantees his work. Still flying my V2+. He did say you have to turn them on once a month or so to prevent problems. Good luck.

No idea why noone answered that.. maybe people are bored with constantly explaining the same issues?

I have some experience with soldering and computer hardware/software so when I found the reprogramming tutorial I again verified the board was faulty with teraterm i then I managed to successfully reprogrammed my faulty vision + wifi module as per the tutorials

With your experience, you probably know that booting a computer is a multi-stage process nowadays, and there are specific stages to it. In most generic terms:
1. BIOS initialization or Buildin Reset Procedure (for simpler systems, which don't have BIOS)
2. BIOS/Reset initiates OS or firmware boot procedure, usually it starts a bootloader (it can potentially directly load a OS kernel, but noone does that in practice)
3. Bootloader initializes hardware well enough to load OS kernel (or Application Part of firmware), and transfers control to it
4. Kernel or app part initializes itself, loads drivers
5. If the OS or FW has a concept of storage devices and mounting, it mounts root filesystem ('C:' in Windows, '/' in Unixes)
6. Final application is loaded, either by starting a binary (if there's a concept of executable binaries) or just stepping into further parts of Application Part of firmware

From the screenshot you've shared, looks like you re-flashed u-boot bootloader. Did you checked whether other parts required for boot are there? What about kernel? What about root filesystem?

Also, it looks like you've tried connecting to one of the programmable chips in Wifi module - the DM365 Media Controller. Did you checked the actual Wifi chip?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20