WIFI Interferance

What position do you have your antennas at? They should not be pointing straight out from the controller. I made that mistake the first flight. Look for post or videos on their optimal orientation to the aircraft.

Proper orientation is recommended. Cannot comment on the difference it makes. Others here can probably answer better.

Also if you click on your map view it will bring up your radar and that will show you exactly where your phantom is in relation to your antennas. But like others said orientation is very very important. Your antennas should be pointed up perpendicular to the ground with the flat side pointed toward the phantom .

It's very important. Makes a very big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How accurate is the radar? Seems like if my device or RC does not have a GPS unit, the radar may not be all that accurate?
As far as my information goes, radar doesn't use GPS of the controller device. It uses its compass to compute the direction whereas all other information comes from P3.

Radar is the very important piece of information, and is pretty accurate. It has saved my P3 from getting lost couple of times.

Reactions: yawnalot29
Just curious if my tablet is causing interference with my P3A. I was flying today and got the low transmission signal error when i was 110m high and 380 meters out. Would having the wifi on my tablet on interfere with the transmission. I am using a brand new TAB E with verizon service.

Thanks
You might get the interference from nearby WIFi networks, select the proper channel. If that doesn't work, you need to move to another location.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl