WIFI Interferance

Reaction score
Just curious if my tablet is causing interference with my P3A. I was flying today and got the low transmission signal error when i was 110m high and 380 meters out. Would having the wifi on my tablet on interfere with the transmission. I am using a brand new TAB E with verizon service.

Thanks

I recommend either the dbsmods.com itelite antenna or the fpvlr.com antennas. If you want to max out your distance this is the way to go. And even if you just want a strong reliable signal , then modifying your antenna is a great choice . Your Signal will far exceed the stock battery of the phantom .

I have also heard great things about the 3d dynamics windsurfer and it doesn't require any modifications to the controller .

It also helps to use the radar and make sure you keep your controller aimed perfectly at your bird . The radar will help you aim .

is there any other tips to get max distance out of the P3A?

1) Turn your wifi off

2) fly somewhere away from other people's wifi / radio signals etc.

You don't really need any mod - it will void any DJI warranty

(Apart from the parabolic windsurfer type - as they only attach to the antennas)

I'm not sure anyone should be suggesting such "extreme" mods to you.. Def not without knowing you previous experience with flying / quads etc.

(Anyway, your stock P3 is capable of a lot further then LOS in the right environment)

1) Turn your wifi off

(Apart from the parabolic windsurfer type - as they only attach to the antennas)

I'm not sure anyone should be suggesting such "extreme" mods to you.. Def not without knowing you previous experience with flying / quads etc.

(Anyway, your stock P3 is capable of a lot further then LOS in the right environment)
He was asking how to max out his distance . He is a big boy . He can make his own decisions about what to do with his phantom . Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not for someone else. All these fly babies are so freaking annoying !!!

Reactions: yawnalot29
1) Turn your wifi off

And it's not about flying far it's about having a strong reliable signal. Next read the entire post fly baby !!

He was asking how to max out his distance . He is a big boy . He can make his own decisions about what to do with his phantom . Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not for someone else. All these fly babies are so freaking annoying !!!

I don't think OP was asking about "maxing out" beyond stock.. maybe he was maybe he wasn't.

Regardless, he has more input about it now - this is a forum!

lol relax guys... i was just wondering why my distance today was so short that is all i will fly tomorrow with my tablet in airplane mode and see if it helps. thanks again for the help. hopefully thats all that was wrong.

lol relax guys... i was just wondering why my distance today was so short that is all i will fly tomorrow with my tablet in airplane mode and see if it helps. thanks again for the help. hopefully thats all that was wrong.

No problem here my friend.. I was just giving some free advice / an opinion.

It's all good. It's always best to get as much information as you can and make the best decision based on what fits your needs and comfort level.

I go on a dried up lake with no interference, trees wifi etc & can easily get 4km on a stock set up - like others have said keep your transmitter pointed at your P3, also a higher altitude helps

It also helps to use the radar and make sure you keep your controller aimed perfectly at your bird . The radar will help you aim .

How accurate is the radar? Seems like if my device or RC does not have a GPS unit, the radar may not be all that accurate?

So i did a short flight yesterday. I was sitting on my back porch and only made it 771 meters before i started getting low transmission signals. I live out in the country and prolly only flew over one house. there has got to be some setting that i dont have right.

This was how far i got when signal started dropping off

Attachments

• 1451851106179.jpg
    1451851106179.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 364

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1