Wifi extender update on P2

Ok
Here is a breakdown of a fc200 p2v non-plus camera

image.jpeg

This is a picture with top plate, and rear cover removed! From here out boards are in order top to bottom ( even though camera is upside-down ) top board #1 board, bottom #4! Ect.

Ok
1st thing you remove are the 2 screws holding the camera lens unit and board on. Located 1 each side of camera base, Phillips screws. ( must lift clip on board #1 to remove ribbon cable )
Camera lens unit
image.jpeg

Ok now remove 4 small Phillips screws ( 1 on each corner of board )
Carefully pry board straight upwards to unlock, and set aside.
Board #1 camera board
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next remove 2 small Phillips screws opposite side of board #2, ( power board ) carefully pry up and away ( be extremely careful with this board, as the cooling fan leads attach to it, and can break easily ) gently lay over the side of camera for now.
Board 2 ( I removed fan, fan good, board is bad ) but only for picture purpose
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok
Next is board #3 ( culprit )
This requires a small flat screwdriver, as they are special screws, remove 2 post screws, pry board up and away!

Board #3 ( this is board that fries )
I believe the processing board?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok
You should not need to go further, but if you do,
Remove 2 Phillips holding metal housing into camera top shell, remove housing with board #4 attached
Turn over, remove the 4 Phillips screws holding board #4 to housing
( take special note, if you SEPERATE this board, you'll need thermal paste for reassembly, goes between IMU/housing , you'll see the white dot )

Board #4 ( wifi board )
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

Hey J Dot been to busy to fly my Vision 2 for the last three months, having read your findings above is it now safe to update the app as mine will need doing as I haven't used it for a while.?. I dont want to break it.

cheers bud Flack

@Flack
If you use the latest version I believe that the culprit update was removed, if you use the android version you can go into the Dji folder and delete the update file.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

iOS version 1.0.56 is the version with bad update!
Newer or older should do fine!

A+ ( CRASH )

( Dirtybum )
Thanks for the kind words! :)

J Dot

Reactions: bernek and dirkclod
iOS version 1.0.56 is the version with bad update!
Newer or older should do fine!

A+ ( CRASH )

( Dirtybum )
Thanks for the kind words! :)

J Dot

Hey J Dot so if I use an iPhone now with the P2V and I fresh install DJI VISION app on the iPhone it will work fine ? (including the update) won't mess up my egg camera ?

Thanks !

Yes,
App update was not the problem, extender upgrade was. So in the future if app asks you to upgrade extender, DO NOT, instead close app, and either update app to newer version or revert to earlier version. But I've not yet heard about any issues with new apps, so apparently they fixed the issue! It is mostly happening to people who have not flown their phantoms in a while, so it asked them to update extender, then burnout ( most were still using older app 1.0.56, or updated to it ) as it was the newest version at that time.
It was madness for months, until they fixed the app. Still seeing the burnout, but not nearly as often. I was amazed it affected the vision AND vision plus boards! Crazy!

But quiet after the storm I guess, as most of the older members have moved onto P3, or newer! But I still love the P2's....:)

Take care
J Dot

Hi all-new to all this stuff and just got a vision 2, not even flown it yet and terrified I am going to fry the camera now! running Android vision app 1.0.61 version (latest) is this OK or do I still have to watch for the range update? or have dji sorted this? can't believe they didn't own up to cooking so many phantoms??

You should be fine with newest app version, but if it asks you in the app to upgrade/update range extender, just close app, turn off bird, and go newer app if avail or older app by reverting.
But have not heard many problems lately, not like a few months back, not sure is any of the android apps were an issue, but iOS 1.0.56 was DEFINATELY corrupted or bad.

By the way
I have an old vision 2 phantom still running 3.08 firmware , never updated anything ever, I still fly it, I upgraded it to a plus a few months ago ( required a new shell I found out ) but still flying it. So if it works don't fix it! ( unless there is something in an update you need ( like GROUNDSTATION , stuff like that ) I'd leave it be! Go have fun, and don't worry about it too much, you know the signs now, and if it does happen we will get you fixed back up, we are good like that!

J Dot
Take care, Stay safe!

You should be fine with newest app version, but if it asks you in the app to upgrade/update range extender, just close app, turn off bird, and go newer app if avail or older app by reverting.
But have not heard many problems lately, not like a few months back, not sure is any of the android apps were an issue, but iOS 1.0.56 was DEFINATELY corrupted or bad.

By the way
I have an old vision 2 phantom still running 3.08 firmware , never updated anything ever, I still fly it, I upgraded it to a plus a few months ago ( required a new shell I found out ) but still flying it. So if it works don't fix it! ( unless there is something in an update you need ( like GROUNDSTATION , stuff like that ) I'd leave it be! Go have fun, and don't worry about it too much, you know the signs now, and if it does happen we will get you fixed back up, we are good like that!

J Dot
Take care, Stay safe!

I'm honestly afraid to fly with iOS application now ... I still use an old Samsung Galaxy S3 to fly the Phantom 2 Vision. Should I try to fly it with my iPhone ? the extender upgrade asks for confirmation right ?

Thanks.

I just want to fly it with the iPhone because of better screen and brighter

Only iOS app version ( 1.0.56 ) is faulty, either revert to older or upgrade to newer if you have this version. And you'll be fine. And a few people claim theirs automatically upgraded, others say it asks.? but open app, and in settings, find out which version you have before you fly.
If 1.0.56 then make the change, if it is not 1.0.56 you should be fine.
If the app DOES ask to upgrade extender, just turn off app, delete it, and install another version.hope this helps.

J Dot

Only iOS app version ( 1.0.56 ) is faulty, either revert to older or upgrade to newer if you have this version. And you'll be fine. And a few people claim theirs automatically upgraded, others say it asks.? but open app, and in settings, find out which version you have before you fly.
If 1.0.56 then make the change, if it is not 1.0.56 you should be fine.
If the app DOES ask to upgrade extender, just turn off app, delete it, and install another version.hope this helps.

J Dot

Thanks J Dot will delete the app from the phone to make sure I don't have a "bugged" version then reinstall from Appstore a new one :)

It's freezing cold out here so I'm not really eager to fly :) if the weather gets a little better I sure will ! Bought an enduro bike so I can get to the best flying spots !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers