WiFi _Reconnect

Reaction score
Hi All. So I was flying in open farm land with no power lines no tall trees etc...but I could not get more than 120 meters... PM at 24dbm and a windsurfer ..It would just loose sign then RTH ..but once it started that I got control back...if I tried to fly further the about 2 meters on again RTH...ai so any ideas....on the flight log it showed lots of WiFi reconnect ....btw video was perfect no issues there so it was just the 5.8ghz ...

Wi-Fi reconnect, I think, refers to your video. The 5.8 is not true wi-fi. I've never been able to find out exactly what that means.

Nevertheless, I had similar problems and warnings with my P3S. Gave up and sent it in under warranty. DJI replaced the entire main board. I've only had one test flight with the new AC but it went fine. 1200 feet before I got weak in the knees and reeled it in.

Kevin, how long have you had this P3S? Mine used to get good range, my best was 1,3Km. Then over night I last all range in the same place I always fly. Could only get about 100m, then RTH kicked in. This was after about 5 months of happy flying. I now have a DBS modded RC and can only get around 400m. I still claim that there is a built in software bug that reduces range after a certain period of time, almost forcing us to upgrade to a more expensive model.

Sprocky I used to get about 300m to 400m..now I get 120m ... I wonder if u set it back to a early firmware it will help...I am not sure what version I am on I will check when back home

I doubt that it is to do with a firmware upgrade. I flew on a Saturday afternoon and all was good. On the Sunday morning it could hardly reach 100m. No changes were made to the drone, firmware or any settings.

@Sprocky, you again ;),
So your unit still has poor signal after a mod?

As you know, my focus was the P3S signal problem on a firmware update since it happened to my twice. Both times I sent it in for warranty repair
First time they sent back a different remote, different bird.

Second time, the send back a different remote, same bird, but they changed some parts in the bird.

Did you every check out this guys findings?
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together....

Based on a chip in the remote that overheats during firmware and or the remote being to close to phantom.

I really believe this was the major cause of this problem.

Rod

@Sprocky, you again ;),
So your unit still has poor signal after a mod?

As you know, my focus was the P3S signal problem on a firmware update since it happened to my twice. Both times I sent it in for warranty repair
First time they sent back a different remote, different bird.

Second time, the send back a different remote, same bird, but they changed some parts in the bird.

Did you every check out this guys findings?
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together....

Based on a chip in the remote that overheats during firmware and or the remote being to close to phantom.

I really believe this was the major cause of this problem.

Rod
Could be something to what you just said. I rarely flew very far, but never, ever lost signal at 300 feet prior to the last update. My new set-up includes a new RC and what appears to be a new AC, though somehow I think the serial number got transferred over. I guess that's possible. They turned it around really, really fast which makes me think it was no-brainer for DJI.

@LarBear360,
I recall you having a problem and you sent your unit in, it was a thread that I also had posted on.

I know I can't prove I'm right.
But I do have many posts, that I ask to prove me wrong.

Posts that @HappyStandardOwner, made on what he found. I was total watching this.
Only part that is missing, some have said they have tried another P3S remote 2%, (re linked of coarse) still have the same problem.

Very few, like 1% have every came back to finish their story.

I have been the only one that has shared a DJI Invoice that shows what was replaced the second time (Somebody Prove me Wrong!). The first time, "Warranty Repaired" :rolleyes:

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94