Wide landing gear

So I printed these and used them a few days ago.... and for some reason my Phantom leaned backwards on takeoff and the rear rotors hit the ground... happened when taking off in grass, which I've done before... brought it to hard dirt, tilted a bit, then took off. Needless to say I took them off right away when I was done flying. Maybe it made my Phantom off-balance??

I have basicly the same type of snap on extensions and take off from all kinds of surfaces without any problems. Mine are a little longer then the landing gear as you can see in the photo. Landing gear measurements are 5 1/32 and the extensions are 5 3/32 inches long. A 1/32 of an inch on each end isn't allot but there is more surface on the ground whether that makes a difference or not.
IMG_1140.jpg

Hmm... not sure. I took them off as soon as I was done flying that night. It's going to rain for a few days, so I'll try it again this weekend now that I detached the extensions, to see what happens. The thing I was most afraid of was killing the motors by having the Phantom lean back and hit the ground. The props stopped the motors for 1-2 seconds as it fell back but I tried killing them as quick as I could. It seemed to fly ok.

Hmm... not sure. I took them off as soon as I was done flying that night. It's going to rain for a few days, so I'll try it again this weekend now that I detached the extensions, to see what happens. The thing I was most afraid of was killing the motors by having the Phantom lean back and hit the ground. The props stopped the motors for 1-2 seconds as it fell back but I tried killing them as quick as I could. It seemed to fly ok.

Prop guards. Worth their fly-weight in gold.

Prop guards. Worth their fly-weight in gold.
True... but I never expected the landing gear to cause that... and I always fly in an open field anyways... oh well... we'll see the next time I fly if it's ok...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20