Why the video connector?

Reaction score
I will just preface by saying I am pretty new to this, so bear with me... :)

I see that the Zenmuse has a video connector for FPV, but it doesn't actually have the TX stuff correct? That must be purchased separately? If that is the case, what is the purpose of the video connector going through the Zenmuse vs going from the GoPro directly to the TX?

Bunger said:

I see that the Zenmuse has a video connector for FPV, but it doesn't actually have the TX stuff correct? That must be purchased separately? If that is the case, what is the purpose of the video connector going through the Zenmuse vs going from the GoPro directly to the TX?

On a Phantom 2, there are four bare wires that come out of the guts next to the zenmuse cable. These provide 11.1V power (for powering a transmitter) and video signal (for feeding to a transmitter). You could also use the USB out from the GoPro, but you don't have to.

I have a Phantom V1.1.1...

My understanding is that the GoPro video out would pipe into the Zenmuse and then the Zenmuse would connect to a 5.8Ghz TX. What is the advantage of that instead of just connecting the GoPro directly to the 5.8Ghz TX?

Bunger said:
I have a Phantom V1.1.1...

My understanding is that the GoPro video out would pipe into the Zenmuse and then the Zenmuse would connect to a 5.8Ghz TX. What is the advantage of that instead of just connecting the GoPro directly to the 5.8Ghz TX?

It think either will work, but with the GoPro USB out, make sure the plug doesn't interfere with the zenmuse at all through its full range of motion.

No difference. It's the same output essentially.
However, the Zenmuse is EXTREMELY sensitive to any imbalance in the weight of (or load on) the GoPro. A cable hanging out of the side is certain to trigger the Zenmuse failsafe.

Bunger said:

Also charges the GoPro through the Zenmuse whereas video out line to TX wouldn't

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik